Closer usage

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Danchiacchia

Closer usage

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 10:55 am

Question on closer usage. I typically play more ATG or mystery seasons versus recent years, and am newer to the C rating for a closer. I have had a couple of irritating ninth inning losses this week where HAL did not put in my well rested designated closer, and instead stuck with another reliever that had already been in. My designated closer is a C2, and the guy HAL kept in is a C5 (was the same guy both times). Could that explain why HAL did this?

ScumbyJr

Re: Closer usage

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 12:13 pm

It would be helpful to post a link to your team so people can review the game situations.

Danchiacchia

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 5:27 pm

ScumbyJr wrote:It would be helpful to post a link to your team so people can review the game situations.

Ugh, I think I figured it out. i just noticed a box checked that should not have been checked. In the words of Roberto De Vicenzo, what a stupid I am.

Valen

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 12:47 pm

I believe with closer rule in use the C rating means the number of outs in closer situation that reliever can go before risking being fatigued. So a C2 is not good as the 9th inning has 3 outs. That C rating may be the most important attribute for a pitcher you designate as closer.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx