MIA Commissioner Question

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

wtdawg

MIA Commissioner Question

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 1:45 pm

What happens when a live draft league fills and the commissioner doesn’t return to set a draft time? It’s been four days since we filled, is this a typical delay? Reported this to “contact us” link but no response.

Thanks!

Palmtana

Re: MIA Commissioner Question

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 10:57 pm

It looks like this draft finally happened. I don't see any full leagues with a Draft Time "not set yet." Good luck dawg.

wtdawg

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 1:22 am

It didn’t, we’re still waiting.

Superstar Sixties. League: Micheal Cosgrov

Still says “The Live Draft time has not been set by the Commissioner.”

Thanks for your help!

Palmtana

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 2:43 am

Hmm. I don't see "Superstar Sixties" or "Micheal Cosgrove" anywhere in the League Directory. Nor, as I said, any leagues that are full. Curious.

wtdawg

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 10:04 am

It’s not in the League Directory anymore but we do have 12 teams and a full league waiting to draft. It looks like the person who is the commissioner played SOM one time, got a credit for making the playoffs, used it to start this league and then maybe decided not to play anymore.

Frustrating.

To be clear the League name is: Micheal Cosgrov (no “e” at the end). And it’s the 60’s card set, that’s not part of the league name.

Radagast Brown

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 3:24 pm

I would be so angry. This should be fun, not work and worry about missing the draft. In the future do not join a league unless you have a set draft time, and hopefully an experienced commissioner who isn't trying to cheat.

I love how someone in the comments above tried to tell YOU , that the draft already happened.

Only thing worse than a flaky commissioner is some "know it all" trying to diminish your extremely legitimate gripe.

mharing424

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 6:10 pm

I am also a member of the micheal cosgrov 60's league and waiting for the draft. On the ALL MY TEAMS page, next to my team name for this league, I have a symbol indicating I have an unread message, but there is no way for me to access the inbox for this league to read the message.

J-Pav

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 6:20 pm

There’s a work around for that, although I haven’t done it in awhile.

Try typing in https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/inbox when you have your team up.

I kinda sorta remember going to one of my active teams and cutting and pasting from that mailbox until I got to the inbox for the new league somehow.

I know, not much help, but I do know it can be done.

mharing424

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Thanks! That worked.

wtdawg

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 1:33 am

OK, the SOM folks replied to me and have selected another manager from the league as the commissioner. The draft has been set.

I guess the answer to my original message is just keep messaging SOM staff. Apparently they've had quite a few people out this week - understandable - but messages do eventually get through.

Thanks all! And to my league mates, good luck - see you for the draft!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx