Finally Realized

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVENSTEFFANNI

Finally Realized

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 7:33 am

i see now Hal picks his winners at the start of each season...doesnt matter the strategy you use or whether the majority of rolls goes for or against you..its the rolls that go against you that matter...when you go back and check your play by play Hal's favs always get that hit off your ace followed by the error on your allstar SS followed by the 1-12 BpHr....just an example..his favs always have the guys who way out perform everybody else ...last straw for me was seeing my Larry Parrish injury 1 get injured for the 3rd time in 130 gms for 10 more gms after hes already been injured for 10 gms once before and 6 gms another time and Im playing a guy in first place with Cal Ripken Jr injury 4 who has be injured only twice this season once for 1 gm and once for 2 gms....you veterans and credit winners will all try and say its somehow all my fault ..like politics you have opinion and I have mine but in every league Ive been in its the same pattern..the winners start out winnig and the quality rolls go their way...I unfortunately have 2 credits left to use and I wont be buying more...when you play with dice and the odds favor the house its time to move on..this game is more about luck than skill and you all can tell yourselves otherwise...i started doing this because I needed a distraction from the virus and usually my free time is spent having 10 or more fantasey baseball teams with which I am very successful.....started playing strat in 1970 with my 8th grade best friend...got away from it after 1980...then reconnected with my friend and bought every football season on ebay or other places plus Strat Fan cards from season up to 2015 or so...we met twice a week and played 2 or 3 games a night and I kept the stats..he moved away after about 100 gms and we no longer play...did the computer BB game and football game myself but lost interest....I have spent many many many hours on this and it has been a great distraction but I can no longrt ignore the fact [ imagined or not] that in my mind this is more about luck or Hal having his favs and therefore this is not level playing field....I just need to move on to something...no hard feelings..sorry to rant...just thought id say some things I think others on here think also...Good Luck and good health to everybody!....who knows ..I love pain and if I cant find another avenue I may be back....I only hopoe my life is not that pathetic...lol

Bballexec

Re: Finally Realized

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 6:09 pm

You injury example is entirely possible in a system of random numbers. We tend to notice when things go against us, but not so much when they work for us. I am on my 14th team and have seem similar examples.

In a random number simulation anything that can happen will happen given enough dice rolls. I would like to see more caps on the number of games a player can lose to injury. That is not the system we have now.

chasenally

Re: Finally Realized

PostThu Nov 05, 2020 12:41 am

This game is a crap shoot. Play all the odds and get the best players possible. You can still crap out. I have said this for years. This game is a dice game and nothing else. When you understand that it makes it easier to lose when you are a 110 game winner and lose to the wild card in for straight.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx