Q1: Stratomatic computer game

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Illyad2

Q1: Stratomatic computer game

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Long time board player, novice computer player. Would like to play computer game. Here are my questions.
1. Does computer keep stats of games played. i.e individual player stats team stats et al
2. Does the computer game come with a screen saver of MLB stadium or stadiums of the past?
3. Can individual teams from different years play each other on computer game?
4. Can the computer game automaticly play games between teams? Thinking that I would not want to manage the 1964 mets versus 1964 Washington Senators 14 times. Would the computer do that for me?

please send me link to purchase computer game.

TIA
Mark

jjii66

Re: Q1: Stratomatic computer game

PostSat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi, Mark! Just so you know, this forum is for the online version of Strat baseball (Strat 365), which is very different from the windows game. So you might not get all the answers you need. But I do happen to own the windows game, and I think I can answer some of your questions...

1. Absolutely, that's the best part!
2. If you're using modern teams, I'm pretty sure each game is played on a background picture of the home team's ballpark. (I think you have to type in a 2-digit code for each team to make it work.) But I seem to recall that old-time parks have to be purchased as a separate download.
3. Definitely. You can also move players around easily. Babe Ruth can play for the Big Red Machine if you want. (just a weird example lol)
4. Yes, and the game will be over before you can blink.
Q2. Yes, BUT I can't swear that every season is available to purchase. You'd have to check the website.

https://www.strat-o-matic.com/

Also, a link to Strat 365, in case you're interested. (The drawback for a longtime board game player is that you draft your team, but don't get to manage it in real time... the computer autoplays your games every night. Still fun.)
https://365.strat-o-matic.com/help/rules/baseball

Radagast Brown

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Great answer from a really good GM.

Yeah I love the computer Baseball and football games but they are very outdated software and can be tricky to use. But if you are patient and take time to set things up the way you want to it is a blast. Just read the manual and it can be a lot of click, drag, and drop to add players from different eras to your team/ league, etc.

You can also play all your favorite teams games and have the computer play the rest of the games.

The football game is also loads of fun and in my opinion easier to use. But both can be tricky.

tcochran

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 pm

As a long time board player, Illyad2 might find the Windows interface and processes okay. I'm a long time online player, though, and I find the Windows interface pretty clunky. "Outdated software" is a kind way to describe it.

The bigger issue, however, is that every Windows league has its own complex set of rules and it can be a bit daunting to master them. I'm commish in a bunch of online keeper leagues and the rules in them tend to be fairly consistent. I've tried playing in a few Windows leagues in recent years and found that I could not routinely put in the energy needed to keep up with all of the structural differences.

Best bet for Illyad2 would likely be to join a single Windows league, pour over its 20-page constitution, and then learn a lot in the first season or two. That might not be cost-effective, but it would probably be a bit more fun.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx