2 pitcher questions

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mgarlock

2 pitcher questions

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 am

#1 Is there a way to say that I don't want a pinch hitter for a pitcher? I am tired of my set-up pitcher coming in for 2 batters, and then being taken out for a pinch hitter when he bats the next half inning. Then he is out and a lesser reliever is put in, and he gives up runs. I would rather sacrifice an out to keep him on the mound.

#2 Is there any explanation as to why the computer doesn't put in a closer when I have a 1 run lead? I marked him as my closer, and he is only at full strength for 1 inning, so he is a closer. Yet, time after time another reliever is in there with a 1 run lead in the 9th.

It feels like I have lost more games to questionable moves by the computer than other teams. I feel like Steinbrenner watching Billy Martin manage my team.

freeman

Re: 2 pitcher questions

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 11:36 pm

You can mark your starting pitcher as dont remove prior to F8. That should help. As for the closer there you need to make sure your set-up guys (and possibly other relievers) are not marked as F8. Maybe marking your closer as maximize not regular might help too? If those dont work consider marking the set-up guys as remove quickly.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx