Ready for the Draft!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bbfan

Ready for the Draft!

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 3:18 am

WHY DID SOM NEED TO ADD THIS????????????

Jeepdriver

Re: Ready for the Draft!

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 9:59 am

Because they felt like we didn't have enough stress in our life.

toshiro

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 5:15 pm

In theory, it's a great idea...

bbfan

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 11:22 pm

why? Maybe I'm missing something. You build a team, enter a league, you're ready for the draft

Palmtana

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 1:17 am

bbfan wrote:why? Maybe I'm missing something. You build a team, enter a league, you're ready for the draft

Here's my typical sequence lately: You build a team, enter a league, ....no green check mark next to my team, leave the league, look around for where to make my team "Ready", eventually find it, enter the league again and hope I have the green check mark next to my team.

From what I can tell this new feature has to do with being able to tinker with your team without having to leave the league and losing your spot. Was this an issue?

bbfan

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 3:16 am

In a way yes. I'm not losing sleep over it, but...players championship event 5, 11 of us were"ready for draft" and waited 2 days for the 12th to click it. It's just an unnecessary step, I see no point i it. You build a team, enter a league, you're ready.

I agree you enter a team and then decide you want to change something so you had to leave the league and take the chance your spot might be filled, but that's the chance you take. But for 11 people wait for a 12th to play with his team for 2 days was BS

ScumbyJr

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 2:56 am

bbfan wrote:In a way yes. I'm not losing sleep over it, but...players championship event 5, 11 of us were"ready for draft" and waited 2 days for the 12th to click it. It's just an unnecessary step, I see no point i it. You build a team, enter a league, you're ready.

I agree you enter a team and then decide you want to change something so you had to leave the league and take the chance your spot might be filled, but that's the chance you take. But for 11 people wait for a 12th to play with his team for 2 days was BS

YES. thank you SOM for letting whole leagues be held hostage by 1 "not ready for draft" team.

wmaysfan

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 5:05 pm

I will give SOM a lot of credit, listening and removing that stupid rule, thank you SOM

Radagast Brown

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 11:05 pm

It's one of those specialized things for people who invite their friends to play, or for tournament leagues. It seems pretty pointless but they thought it was a good thing for the newer guys trying to fill their whole league with people they know.

I guess they didn't realize it can make a lot of people frustrated when someone forgets to click, "READY for DRAFT".

I do think it is nice that you can not enter a LIVE DRAFT room up to 12 hours early.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx