App user login and password

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

davidjaredklein

App user login and password

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Is there a way to save my user name and password on the app? On both my iPhone and iPad, I must always reenter both. Is there a way to have it saved?

Radagast Brown

Re: App user login and password

PostTue Jun 02, 2020 9:21 pm

I don't own an I-phone, with a regular smart phone you can.

kev

Re: App user login and password

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 9:07 am

Hello,

I have the app (iphone) and it retains the password/credentials. What I have noticed is that each time SOM updates the site you will need to re-login again. For example, they posted there new June Challenge which then forced the log in. Same behaviour with a brewers. So you may notice that often your fine but then you need to resend your credentials. If this is every time you log in then I am not sure what is happening other then retention of cookies on your device.

Technically speaking, the app uses the same HTTP protocols but with a different interface. Whats is happening is their session validation is tied to a browser cookie (same on app) which 'appears' to be connected with the application restart time of their server. Hence new cookie needed upon each restart. I can only guess they do this for security reasons but cookies are best rotated by other means. Its an old way of handling things that is 'okay' to prevent certain attack vector. I should note, that they issue these cookies with a week expiry however they are rotation these with requiring login. I am pretty sure the server side validation is factoring in server start time.

hope this helps.
kev

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx