2020 Franchise League Baseball

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

JOHNBRUBAKER

2020 Franchise League Baseball

PostTue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm

2020 Franchise Baseball
A: Creating your team.
1. Choose one of thirty 2019 Unleashed Major League Baseball Franchises still unselected. No duplications allowed.
2. Create your team roster from the Wikipedia web site. Using 2020 Major League Baseball roster page, List of Major League Team Rosters. You should create your roster from both their 40 man team roster. Also, Including all non-roster player invitees.
3. Select the corresponding franchise stadium.
4. Join the 2020 Francise Baseball League. We will have a twenty-four team league. We will use standard injuries. We will use a DH. Total salary cap will be $120 million. The active roster Salary cap will be $100 million. This will allow for unlimited legal roster moves during the season. Also, some teams may find it hard to stay under the $100 million regular season roster limit. Consider this to be a Salary Cap Limitation.
5. There will be four divisions of six team. These division will be as listed.
East: Redsoxs, Yankees, Mets, Phillies, Orioles, Nationals, BlueJays
North: Twins, Whitesoxs, Cubs, Tigers, Indians, Pirates, Brewers, Reds
South: Rays, Marlins, Braves, Texans, Astros, Royals, Cardinals, Rockies
West: Diamondbacks, Padres, Dodgers, Angels, Giants, A's, Mariners
If for some reason more than six teams are selected from one division. An excess team will be chosen to move to fill the next most logical short division.
B: Roster Restrictions
1. The Forty man rosters will only be valid for building your team. Once the season starts. All players not on a regular season roster revert back to their strat 2019 team franchises.
2. Six teams will not be selected. Their players will be eligeble for the five round draft. They will also be considered the free agent pool during the regular season. The draft will be in reverse order of the final 2019 standings. The draft will be of standard form.
The draft order will be as listed: Tigers, Orioles, Marlins, Royals, BlueJays, Mariners, Pirates, Padres, Rockies, Angels, WhiteSoxs, Redlegs, Giants, Rangers, Phillies, Cubs, Redsoxs, Diamondbacks, Mets, Brewers, Cardinals, Indians, Rays, Brewers, A's, Twins, Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, Nationals.
3. Trades will be allowed.
4. If you legally roster a non-francise player to your team Either from the the draft, trades, waiver period or free agent signing. He will be safe only on your active roster. Once you cut that player. He reverts back to his 2019 franchise roster. This will make easier to track players during the season. If you roster a non-eligible player to your team. You will be asked to drop that player immediately.
5. After the regular season begins in review.
a) you will be able to trade until the trade deadline.
b) All non-active 2019 Strat Franchise players from your team will be your minor league.
c) All non-active players from the Six un-selected teams will be free agents after the completion of the draft and waiver period.
d) Forty man franchise rosters used to create your initial team roster. Will now be invalid. 2019 Strat Franchise rosters will be active.
Commissioner statement: I've tried to cover the bases. However, I'm sure that things will pop up. They sometimes do. Therefore, I will amend the rules if necessary to accommodate the good of all. My intention is that all may enjoy a league emulated after the 2020 Baseball Season restart. We will not have the rookies. However, considering the possible shortness of the new season. Rookies may have trouble becoming as relevant as normal.

ranger ron

Re: 2020 Franchise League Baseball

PostSun May 31, 2020 5:28 pm

Hey John. Just wanted to ask if you have any idea about how long it might take this league to fill. I signed up yesterday and took Cleveland. We were in franchise daily last year.

Wreckers

PostSun May 31, 2020 10:47 pm

Great looking League- I got the Rays. Can’t wait to get going!

JOHNBRUBAKER

PostTue Jun 02, 2020 11:19 am

Unsure how soon this league will fill. We now have 16 teams. Which is good. Some times 24 team leagues. Pick up steam near this point and fill quickly. From here on out. Looking forward to this league filling soon. This is a different concept and will give the avid fan some variation. Especially if your tired of the "same old rule set". The divisions are filled based on geography. The teams will have different rosters based on the 2020 season. From any other Franchise league in the system. We have a five round draft which should help level out the playing field. The roster restrictions are designed to keep the have's from loading up further. If you draft players. They have to stay on your roster or you lose them. A high roster team cannot draft players. Add them to their minor league hiding them from the have not's. Let's fill this league fast and enjoy a new and different challenge.

ranger ron

PostTue Jun 02, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks for the update. I like this concept. Can't wait to get started.

ranger ron

PostTue Jun 02, 2020 5:38 pm

For what it's worth you might have to allow managers to own two teams. I know that's a last ditch effort to fill the league. If it should come to that I would take a 2nd team if it meant getting the league running.

Fast Richie

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Quick question, Since we are using the DH. Don't the AL teams already have a hitting advantage (9 vs 8) over the NL teams? Maybe they should drop their DH and make them eligible for the 5 round draft after the initial lineups are set. :mrgreen:

Brent65

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 6:49 pm

I agree with Ranger Ron, tough to compete with most teams at this stage of selecting teams. It will be hard to fill these last teams. Not an even playing field. I tried to make it work with a few teams but even with the five free agents it would be tough to spend the allotted money. You may want to think about allowing extra free agents or two teams for the bottom tier Teams, I like the idea just needs a little tweaking for 24 teams to compete.

JOHNBRUBAKER

PostTue Jun 09, 2020 3:02 pm

I agree that we seemed to have stalled filling teams. Changing the rules now can also cause some problems as well. I also agree with Brent65 that not all teams are equal. I would prefer to stay away from extra picks if we can. That opens up a can of worms. On which team deserve picks and how many. "We have an owner who chose the Marlins". That would be a difficult call. In many ways, this league is all about taking a team and out-managing the other guys. I thought that many owners may like this style league. That we would play the first season. Then adjust the rules accordingly to make the league better for a second season.
By combining two teams. That also hurts the draft strategy in reverse order. Designed to improve lesser teams. As there would not be any players to draft. There are five teams needed to fill the league. All of us in the league would like to see this season start. I see the Phillies(81 wins), Brewers(89), Texans(78), Giants(77) and Rockies(71) as being most viable. Based on Last years win percentage.
1. How many current owners are willing to add a second team?
I would be willing to add a team. Ranger Ron has expressed interest. Are there any others. Would need three
more. Let's see whether we have five owners willing to enter a second team. Before trying to alter the rules.
Like extra picks and such. An extra rule regarding owners with 2nd team. Owners with two teams could not trade
between their own teams. A player dropped from one of your teams. That would be considered a free agent.
Would have to be a free agent for 24 hours. Prior to being pick up by your second team.
The whole point of this league is to play the 2020 season. The best we can and see how things turn out. I agree with the points that Ranger Ron and Brent65 have made. I would like to hear from the other owners. Regarding the two owner concept. We could start drafting for this league. Prior to the end of the week. If three more owners would step forward and take a second team. I would re-arrange the divisions logically. So that owners would not have two teams in the same division.

rhendu1225

PostTue Jun 09, 2020 4:46 pm

I would take a 2nd team if necessary, like the Rockies or Phillies, either team are in a different division than A's.
Btw, who are the Texans, I'm assuming the Rangers?
I'll also put a message out on other leagues I'm in, see if we can get more.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx