Setting Lineups

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

DanMcK5

Setting Lineups

PostMon Apr 13, 2020 8:04 pm

When setting lineups do people typically lean on player's real life stats/card ratings or their accumulated SIM stats to order their lineups? Some, if not most of my players are hitting way off of their real stats (both in splits and total stats) and I can't decide if I should ride the current variances or be patient for the real stats to eventually even themselves out? Thoughts?

Would appreciate any insight into this part of lineup strategy...thanks!

Palmtana

Re: Setting Lineups

PostMon Apr 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Welcome to the game Dan.

It sounds like you purchased the Ratings Guide. Rely on them for your lineup. They are what the AI uses to determine the results of your games each night.
There are a lot of variables that determine how an individual player will perform on a given team in a given league.

Post a link to your team if you would like to get some advice. To do so go to your Team page and paste the link here.
It looks like this:

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/xxxxxxx

DanMcK5

Re: Setting Lineups

PostTue Apr 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. That information is helpful. I have worked through the ratings guide and figured out some of the nuances of each player's splits. I played in some online APBA leagues back 20 years ago or so and you could generally expect a player's stats to eventually reflect their MLB stats to some degree. But with this there seem to be many more variables at play with the BAL ratings for both pitchers and players. SoM definitely requires a little more finesse in setting lineups, but I am enjoying it!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx