MLB coming...in May?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

B.L. Brown

Re: MLB coming...in May?

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 6:02 pm

I hate to use the term "risk and reward" comparing life to the national economy but it's what the President and his medical and economic advisors have to weigh. There are areas of the country almost unaffected by this virus. Could they reopen as long as noone is allowed in from more affected areas without mandatory quarantine first? Would it adversely affect the economic balance with the affected areas' economy? I don't know enough about economics to answer that. I know if our economy gets so bad China will call in all their markers and we will be done as a sovereign financially viable nation. I live in small-town country between highly-affected Pittsburgh and war-zone equivalent Philly. We are doing the social-distancing etc. as a matter of principle and solidarity with those more affected. Cases in our county can be counted on two hands and noone has died but we want to keep it that way. Our prayers and well-wishes to everyone and Godspeed to all those of you who have been affected or suffered loss through this.

chasenally

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 11:23 pm

Lets try and leave cheap shots out of this. You could blame the President or Governor, Mayor and Head Health Woman in NY for their response. The Governor of Louisiana for holding the Mardi Grau even. You could say the Governor of Florida didn't act fast enough but Florida isn't having the problem New York is.

This Pandemic rest solely on the shoulders of China Leadership. They sat on it for months and told no one. When it hit here and in other Countries we were left on our own to deal with it. No information to work with. China did this and only China.

You can be disappointed in how we acted but we did that as a whole. I had to look up the word Xenophobe as I have never heard of it before. Many new terms have been placed in front of me since Trump was Elected. Some are very interesting use of the English Language.

This has been a great discussion on how we need to move forward and please lets keep it that way.

I think we need to wait until the end of April and take another look at it. I still feel we have over reacted. Those that are venerable to the Flu should stay home but others should be able to work. I have been working through all of this, My reason for that is, why have the workers at the grocery stores not been effected at a high rate? Every household sends at least one person to the store once a week. You would think that those grocery stores would be ground zero by now. Food for thought so to speak or a pun. Take your pick. ;)

Oh and you could add the Head of the World Health Organization to China as his head is so far up China's ass he needs a window installed in their stomach so he can see.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

freeman

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 11:58 pm

This ain't a political site so I'll keep it short. It's not a cheap shot to criticize a political figure who does a poor job. I'll leave it at that. But this is a reminder not to discuss politics here--I just could not help myself reading some of the posts. My mistake.

Palmtana

PostSat Apr 11, 2020 12:47 am

chasenally wrote:Lets try and leave cheap shots out of this..... Oh and you could add the Head of the World Health Organization to China as his head is so far up China's ass he needs a window installed in their stomach so he can see.

:?:

chasenally wrote:.....This has been a great discussion on how we need to move forward and please lets keep it that way......

Agreed. I think a discussion of the pandemic, while not in alignment with the Forum Rules, is appropriate during these times. Some posts have been partisan in nature though (not yours Chase) and only add additional stress to already stressful times.

Howsa about getting back to the original intent of the thread. There will be plenty of rumors to chat about in the weeks to come. For instance, Grapefruits vs. Cactii! Everyone makes the playoffs!

STEVE F

PostSat Apr 11, 2020 1:15 am

Everyone makes the playoffs has been their goal since 1969.

chasenally

PostSat Apr 11, 2020 1:29 am

My local short season teams are saying they will play. Maybe Strat can use them as cards next year.

I do think the topic we have changed to is helpful for many though. As long as we just talk out what we think we should do well and will be fine. I really feel for the guy (wont mention his name) that might loose his practice in what he does is shameful. Most of us on here are in our 50's and 60's and have no way to reinvent ourselves this late in the game. I will restate me and my wife are working and we a very grateful for that. We also know many are not. 16.7 Million people filed for unemployment in just 2 weeks. I listen to the radio almost 12 hours a day. One guy called up and said his wife has called the "Employment Agency" over 100,000 times and has yet to get in. We just might hit 30 Million by the end of April.

My best friend who was a total piece of chit growing up as I was has built a small empire and I am scared to death he might lose it all. He has worked hard given to the Church and has helped many people. A guy came into his Tranny Shop on Vacation and needed a new Tranny. He gave him a car and told him it would be fixed when he got back. He is a very good man and I dont want him to lose all the good he has done.

I am working full time now but I thought I would never work again after losing my job in 2009. I was lucking and I meant a guy while my kid was playing Baseball with his and he told me he would get me a CDL. Talked to my wife and told her I have no desire to drive a truck but I need to. When it all goes too chit you can always find to jobs listed in the Want Ads. Truck drivers and Nurses. I made the right choice. I have never embraced the job getting up at 3 in the morning and coming home at 5pm. The money is good and continues/

I feel for people that build a business and do a great job and then some shit comes along and puts them in peril. My friend has spent many sleepless nights wondering if he would have to shut his doors for years but lives in a house on a private lake community and he deserves all of it.

When we were in our 20's we would jump on our Motorcycles and chase skit. I would call him and he had no money but I had a 20 or he would call me and he had a 20. He bought his brothers 1 bedroom house and we would still chase skirt except when I got there he told me we were replacing a water heater or ripping up a floor or the ternate moved out and we had to remodel it.

These are the people we need to protect here. They give way more to their community than any Government could. My wife and I dropped $300 of the rent and the late fee and told her we will reassess next month what she needs to pay. It helps us both as she has been a very good renter. Local beats the hell out of Government 10 out of 10 times.

Good Health to all of you and your loved ones. Like my Dad always said "Want to worry about something worry about your health money is right around the corner." The corner cant be the curve anymore. I dont find this to be a huge crisis because my wife and I am still full time workers. We have had many time when we were not. When you are not working its a crisis all the time.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

geekor

Radagast Brown

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Baseball will be played in May, of 2021 or 2022.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Yes, I am really worried about Chasenally's friend with the lake house in the private gated community who can't sleep at night. Poor fella.

And I also agree, we don't want any help from the federal government with this virus, or it's economic fallout.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 pm

How we deal with the coronavirus 19 and it's economic fallout is a political problem with medical, economic, and political solutions.

But it is taboo to speak of politics on the boards here unless you are a right wing boomer with conspiracy theories who blames everything on China and big government liberals. Did someone mention the word, "xenophobic" ?

This is how racism is perpetuated. Literally open any text book on racism. You will hear how they said the Jews were vermin and carry diseases.

How we deal with this virus and the economic fallout will be decided by political decisions made by politicians and others. Anyone who says they don't want the government involved has a pretty contradictory position.

Should family businesses be forced to reopen?

Chase, buddy if you aren't making enough money working 65 hours a week , you are just going to have to pull up your pants and work 75 hours a week. Right? That's the American way. No time to be lazy, like the liberals.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx