THANK YOU VOYAGERS!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

visick

THANK YOU VOYAGERS!

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 3:30 pm

I've been playing in a league (VOYAGE) with mostly the same guys for a loooooong time.
(2003/4 - current set).

They are:
Stoney18
AZHawg
the splinter
Frank Mansueto
LMBombers
CATom
ehlekev1
akindian
MICHAELTARBELL
Jeepdriver
keyzick

I'm self employed, and have been practicing chiropractic in SoCal for almost 25 years.
You learn to save for rainy days, but as we know, we aren't in any rainy days right now.
Unless we (small business owners) get some help real soon, my business could be done with.
Trying to stay positive in all this madness.

After telling these managers, that I might have to bail on future leagues not knowing where my next dollar was going to come from, these incredible friends of mine have bought or sent me credits. :cry: :cry:

THANK YOU VOYAGERS.

I'm honored to be your friend. Thank you for your generosity.

If I'm able to pull through all this, I hope I can pay it forward to them or anyone else who is struggling.

To all of you in the Voyage league,
Thank You.

Darin
(visick)

Ninersphan

Re: THANK YOU VOYAGERS!

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 pm

I have crossed paths with everyone on that list I believe and they're a damn fine group. Most of this community is frankly. Hope all of my strat "brothers" come out of this thing healthy.

visick

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Yes they are Niners... Yes they are. :D

chasenally

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 9:41 pm

My wife and I are still working full time. Her from home and in the Cruse Industry (Head guy took out a very big loan based out of the Bahamas) and I am still driving my Semi. We feel blessed and very lucky. I know it has to be so hard on so many. We order out all the time and tip big. We have cut the rent on our Tenants. I believe that many people are looking out for others.
I have talked to neighbors I have never see before and my dog is going crazy with all the dogs walking by. I believe we will get passed this but we all need to get to work. Stay home and follow the rules and I think by the end of this month we will get back to normal. I want to see my Chiropractor and my Barber really bad. My Doctor is still open and I have seen him twice in 2 weeks and haven't seen him for 10 years. He has a terrible tremor problem but he will be lancing something off my back for a Biopsy in 2 weeks. :shock: You take what you can get. right? Really he looks like he is waving at you when he raises his hands. Good thing is there is a ton a fat back there so I think my organs will be fine.

Good Luck and Health to you and your loved one visik as I have 2 really good friends that own a small business. They are worried sick.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

tcochran

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 am

I've worked online for 20 years now and my wife has for more than 10 years, too, so this work-from-home thing is no big change for us -- and we're fortunate that our income has been stable because of that. On the other hand, I recognize that a lot of folks are going to be struggling financially for quite a while into the future.

I value the distraction of our Strat games -- even if my W/L record doesn't always show that -- and I know that many others do, too. I was struck by the generosity shown by others in Visick's post and wonder if we might ask Strat to set up some kind of fund that we could donate into, to keep other Strat managers in the game in this time of need.

What do others think?

geekor

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Good luck Vis. My work has stayed up, but maybe downsizing shortly. I know my position will be gone if they do go forward with the downsizing.

I hope not, but I feel for all of you who aren't making money right now. I'm a paycheck to paycheck guy, I could probably last a month, 2 tops. I'm stressing and it hasn't happened yet. I can't imagine those who have been without for nearly a month already.

Good luck fellas, hope you all stay safe, healthy and make it through these trying times.

visick

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 8:29 pm

Good luck guys...

Trying to stay positive in this madness, but it gets harder and harder each day.

I'll believe this administration is helping us small business owners, when the $ is in my account.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx