"365" simulation TRAVESTY!!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Re: "365" simulation TRAVESTY!!

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 11:50 am

I suspect that in your lineup, you thought you were listing Rossman as the backup for Cobb, when in fact you inadvertently listed him as "platoon pinch hitter" for Cobb.

RotationsGeek

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 2:18 pm

[quote=RotationsGeek,

"Platoon Pinch Hitter" is not a setting in Hitter Preferences; it's actually in setting your lineup. Take a look at your all of the lineups you've set, and see if Rossman is listed as a Platoon PH there. Let us know.[/quote]

holy crap!!
Just found it in "edit lineup" pages!!
Eff me runnin' -- can I delete this whole thread??
“I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault.”
(Ty Cobb)

The Biomechanical Man

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Glad you found it. Hopefully now you can move forward and enjoy your Strat team playing like you want them to.

RotationsGeek

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 7:10 pm

The Biomechanical Man wrote:Glad you found it. Hopefully now you can move forward and enjoy your Strat team playing like you want them to.

Might be tough to enjoy because I seem to have a Pitching problem...
Or maybe that's understating it after giving up 33 runs in the last two games :oops:

Perhaps starting a 203-inning real life guy on 3 days rest and setting to "slow hook" ain't the best strategy, huh boys??
“I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault.”
(Ty Cobb)

paul8210

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Even the great Nick Maddox can have an off day. I think you're getting the hang of it, by golly.

RotationsGeek

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 pm

paul8210 wrote:Even the great Nick Maddox can have an off day. I think you're getting the hang of it, by golly.

or maybe not... team ERA now stands at a dandy 6.28 :cry:

pitching may not be the only thing I suxes at -- after 9 games have hit a total of THREE home runs -- is that good??
(Ty Cobb)

Palmtana

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 pm

How about posting your team on the ATG forum? Or in this thread. Some here play both games.

Go to Your Team page and copy and paste the URL. It will look like: https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/XXXXXXX

3 HR's for your offense sounds right given your park (Forbes '09 which is 0/0 for ballpark HR's) and lack of sluggers.
What's odd is your pitchers have given up 13. They must have gotten blasted on the road.

Of your 4 SP*'s you have just one BPHR chance total. In pitcher parks like yours BPHR's are a good thing for pitchers to have. They lead to outs. Also, since you have 4 SP*'s who can start on three days rest you don't need L. Williams. Drop him for a $.50 SP and use the extra money towards.....?

I'm no ATG guy but Steve F is. Maybe he will chime in after you post your team.
We can't let you get beat by a bunch of bots!

STEVE F

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 10:45 pm

My 2 cents. Your hitter are all pretty good for your park, but are a little short in the doubles and triples department. Not sure how to fix that.
Biggest thing you CAN fix. Smoltz is making way too much money to have only thrown 1 inning. Get rid of Williams , you dont need him. go with a 4 man rotation. Put Smoltz in setup role, maybe also the behind and late role or the middle role, problem there is he's only an endurance 1. Use the Williams money to get another good reliever.
Your team isn't that bad. Biggest problem is the usage of Smoltz. For 5.25 I want at LEAST 160 innings out of him

RotationsGeek

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 12:19 pm

thank guys -- good advice -- lessons (being) learned...

12 games gone in just a 21 game (free trial) season so way too late for the 3-9 WunderKidz :roll:

been clicking around a few rosters, seeing a few effective (usable in future maybe) players, figuring out what things like "balance" (platooning looks like good offensive strategy) mean, and might just try a full season team eventually :geek:
(Ty Cobb)

RotationsGeek

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm

oh, yeah, forgot to mention:

looks like HBP is able to send guys with "1" for injury out for a long while...
lost Cobb (+3 games) and Aparicio (+4 games in last night's series!!
(Ty Cobb)
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx