"365" simulation TRAVESTY!!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Re: "365" simulation TRAVESTY!!

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 12:31 pm

RotationsGeek wrote:oh, yeah, forgot to mention:

looks like HBP is able to send guys with "1" for injury out for a long while...
lost Cobb (+3 games) and Aparicio (+4 games in last night's series!!

That's true, but I've found that generally the higher the injury chance, the better the value. There are exceptions of course

RotationsGeek

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 pm

hmmmm...
so instead of "1" it might help to take some guys with 2 or 3 for "injury"
????
“I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault.”
(Ty Cobb)

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 11:21 pm

I normally try to carry a little bit better bench when doing that, but yes it can work.

andycummings65

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 10:22 am

RotationsGeek wrote:hmmmm...
so instead of "1" it might help to take some guys with 2 or 3 for "injury"
????

With injuries you're dealing with two factors: chance of injury and length of injury.

Length of Injury
A "0" means the player cant be injured
A BOLD, Green "1' means player can only be injured for the remainder of that game, he's good to go next day
An Unbolded Green "1" means player can be injured for a max of 3 games
A black "1" means player can be injured for up to 15 games
A black "2" means player can be injured for up to 15 games, and the 2 means he has a greater chance of injury than a 1.
(there are a few catchers who have a Green "2", which means they have the same chance of injury as a regular 2, but only a 3 game max to miss with that particular injury.

Chance of Injury
0 Injury Rating guys have No Injury on their card.
If you notice on the Strat cards, any player with a"1" injury rating has the injury chance on either the 2 line or the 12 line, the lowest probability rolls. (a 7 is the highest probability roll)
A player with a 2 Injury rating has the injury chance on the 3 line or the 11 line, A player with a 3 Injury Rating has the injury chance on the 4 or 10 line, and so on....

So more injury chance as you go from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and so on.....

Timball

PostWed Apr 15, 2020 8:11 pm

RotationsGeek wrote:[quote=RotationsGeek,

"Platoon Pinch Hitter" is not a setting in Hitter Preferences; it's actually in setting your lineup. Take a look at your all of the lineups you've set, and see if Rossman is listed as a Platoon PH there. Let us know.

holy crap!!
Just found it in "edit lineup" pages!!
Eff me runnin' -- can I delete this whole thread??[/quote]

that's what the rookie leagues are for - I learned alot of the basic set-ups and oddities in those leagues that prepared me well for the real sharks - the veterans of this game

jgmadigan

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 1:20 pm

I recently joined and played the 21 game season. I had a different experience. I'm now willing to pay for a real season. I didn't notice any bonehead managerial decisions to the magnitude you described. Perhaps it was the way the preferences/settings were done. Not sure. I spent some time on my draft strategy and then spent a few minutes or so each day tweeking/changing my managerial prefernces/settings. This trial season was a good learning experience for when I next jump off in the deep end and join a real league. If a Strat newbie who had never played the advanced game can go 16-5, there's hope for anybody. I would encourage you to give it another try. Good luck!

jgmadigan

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 1:29 pm

RotationsGeek wrote: Perhaps starting a 203-inning real life guy on 3 days rest and setting to "slow hook" ain't the best strategy, huh boys??

I have a rookie question, if you have a top tier starter than can only start once every 5 games, what happens if you try to start him once every 4 games? Will he have a high fatigue factor that makes him a lot less effictive (and how does that work on his Strat-O card?), or will the game give you an error msg that says you can't do that? Thx.

freeman

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 1:32 pm

You cant start him every fourth game.

andycummings65

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 2:19 pm

jgmadigan wrote:I recently joined and played the 21 game season. I had a different experience. I'm now willing to pay for a real season. I didn't notice any bonehead managerial decisions to the magnitude you described. Perhaps it was the way the preferences/settings were done. Not sure. I spent some time on my draft strategy and then spent a few minutes or so each day tweeking/changing my managerial prefernces/settings. This trial season was a good learning experience for when I next jump off in the deep end and join a real league. If a Strat newbie who had never played the advanced game can go 16-5, there's hope for anybody. I would encourage you to give it another try. Good luck!

With Strat Online, Instead of thinking of myself as the manager, I think of myself as a very hands-on General Manager. I Can give tons of suggestions to my on field manager, but once the game starts, he takes the dugout phone off the hook.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Exactly
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx