Considerate Strato-Matic

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Hal-Richman

Considerate Strato-Matic

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am

I feel like I should take the time commend Strato-Matic on doing their best not to take advantage of other fantasy leagues being on hold, and welcoming newcomers.

Strato-Matic showed community spirit but not removing moronic rules like penalties for pickups, and drops, to start the season, thereby rending new users helpless, as they learn the computer simulated game play…the choice is suck because you did not know game play, or suck because your team can only carry less salary than other teams…

Strato-Matic did not think it a good idea to:

1. Suspend penalties for picking up players until after game 15 or so.
2. Provide an amount of money to each team to use to pick up players, thereby limiting roster moves…

So Strato-Matic, at a point in time where everyone is home bored, and devoid of all other fantasy sports options, is kind and gracious, in it’s effort to not attract volume new users, and for this you should be commended.

MARCPELLETIER

Re: Considerate Strato-Matic

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 12:37 am

1.Suspend penalties for picking up players until after game 15 or so.
2. Provide an amount of money to each team to use to pick up players, thereby limiting roster moves…

If you play in a 200M league (or in a 999M league when it comes to ATG), it has the same effect as #1 for a whole season, not just 15 games. You have so much money over your actual team payroll that you can make moves as if they don't cost anything. But be careful, you can only make 150 moves. Check it out, these leagues are a blast.

As for#2, I guess it could be set up per gentlemen rules

Mumford

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 6:23 pm

Unless you are playing Mystery League there should be no need to drop players that soon.

STEVE F

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 pm

It should only take one team to figure out the basics. Maybe less, but most people don't bother to read all of the rules first :roll:

I don't think Strat has tried much at all to attract new players. They seem to be quite content servicing their base of mostly 45 and overs.

ROBERTVOZZA

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 am

Or those who have become 60 and overs. :lol:

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx