New Bullpen rules. Any effects to report?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

J-Pav

Re: New Bullpen rules. Any effects to report?

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 11:55 pm

I didn’t even notice or think of it until earlier today, when I was lurking around out of quarantined boredom.

So, no, I have no idea what’s going on.

In my leagues, there are quite a few big banger parks, so there’s a chance my leagues are just far right tails. I’ll look around some more tomorrow. If somebody is seeing the same things (or exactly the opposite), they can post as well.

I don’t really want to post my own leagues yet, as me and HAL are still getting to know each other in the new card set. Old superstitions die hard. :lol:

freeman

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 11:27 am

There are some very nice AT&T compatible players in the set, so I think small ball is still viable. My AT&T team with a puny 46 hrs in 48 games is fifth in scoring. I can do a good Citizens team and a good AT&T team and their ilk (Great American, Marlins, etc...). It's the rest of the parks I have trouble with. But this year--with exception of the ill-advised Angel stadium foray which is not going well (why I can't I build a good lefty stadium team; righty yes, lefty no; there is no rhyme or reason for it)--I am going to be all boring and stick with the parks I know. At least for a while until I get tired of the same parks..

ROBERTVOZZA

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 7:41 am

For the duration of my Strat career, i have always played in Low singles/High HRs on one side (Either Left or Right) and built teams around those strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, Angel and Wrigley will be my Parks of choice this early part of the year. I am in Angel in my 1st league. I have 2 Citizens and an Oakland Park in my Division started me out slowly at 7-11 in Divisional Play. But Have rallied outside of the Division to go from last to tied for 1st placeat 17-16. But I have been getting out homered a lot. I went for better Pitching to stop LH Power than a lot of LH Power hitters. The strange part for me is that My RH RP's are all faring much better than the Lefties. I guess time will tell. Its definitely a hitters League. Im winning close and extra Inning Games. And losing by lopsided scores.

Radagast Brown

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Dude, if you are leaving SP in until F2 no wonder they are getting rocked.

Yes, obviously if the no super reliever settings work we are going to need bigger bullpens, bigger rosters and more role players which is fine with me.

I think we should be forced to carry at least 30 players, no professional team could make it through an entire season with less than 30 players.

One last thing, the people who carry more than five starting pitchers crack me up, please put me in their division every time. I also want to be in the same division as J-Pav if he really lets his starters get to F2.

J-Pav

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Why?

J-Pav

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:38 pm

You mean eight starters like this?

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1527582

J-Pav

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:41 pm

J-Pav

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 2:26 pm

I don’t mind you calling me out by name, as I generally like the ensuing debate. But please have a take that’s a little more thought out than “Put me in a division with him.”

freeman

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 7:03 pm

I have never been able to pull off taking advantage of match-ups. It seems like a good idea (and keeps you are more engaged and feels like you are strategizing more) but it doesnt work for me. I especially have trouble loading up against one-sided pitchers, I just seem to have a lot of salary on the bench. Pitching is a little easier but I cant recall where I really worked extra guys into the rotation to exploit match-ups successfully. Obviously, others do it and do it well and I'll probably try it again at some point.

As for J-Pav his record speaks for itself.

alchamps

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 10:33 am

alchamps wrote:Yes, it's terrible. Computer will not follow my simple instructions. Very frustrating.

Should have said that I wasn't adjusting well to the new bullpen rules. But with the help of some very generous players I was able to get a handle on it. Thanks for all the help guys.

Question though...are the new bullpen rules just for the 2019 season? Or do they affect the past seasons as well going foreword?

Thanks!
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx