Who is the biggest POS you get to watch

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

Who is the biggest POS you get to watch

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 am

I am talking local TV. I live in Oregon so I get Seattle. I know I have felt my sorrow for years. It is not your favorite team it is where you live and what you see.

For me it is Kyle Seager. I believe Seattle would have traded hi for a 40th RD pick but could not find a trade partner. This guy cant hit a lefty and also cant hit a righty. He can field well but not enough to carry his bat. He would have been traded but he cant hold a candle and hit a flame

What is your Seager
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Ninersphan

Re: Who is the biggest POS you get to watch

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 pm

I know this isn't exactly where you were going with this thread, but it sort of fits, just bear with me.

I live just outside Greensboro NC. There is no "local" mlb team here. (How Charlotte, hasn't been awarded an MLB franchise I'll never know, but that's a different story.) Any way, my team is the NY Mets, being a transplant from Upstate New York. I PAY for the MLB extra innings package on DirecTV so I can have the pleasure of hearing what I consider the best announcing team currently working today, Gary Cohen, Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez. ( Keith is CONSTANTLY dropping Strat references into the broadcasts BTW).

So what's my gripe, who's the POS I have to watch? well,for 38 of the 162 Mets games I pay to watch on Extra Innings I do not get the pleasure of hearing from my favorite announcing team and instead have to suffer through the insufferable "talent" calling the Washington Nationals and Atlanta Braves games. Apparently even though Washington DC and Atlanta are both about 300 miles from where I live in opposite directions, Greensboro NC falls into the black out zone for out of town broadcasts for both teams.

Who the FUQ at MLB came up with that brilliant map?

As far as players? c'mon it's the Mets, I'd have a shorter list of who I WANT to watch, I cringe every time we have to use a RP ;)
Last edited by Ninersphan on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LMBombers

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Great post Niners! I have a similar story to yours. I live in central Florida. I was raised in Winter Haven, FL and from the time I was born till the mid-1980s the Boston Red Sox trained there so I have always loved the Red Sox. Back then there were no Rays or even Marlins. The closest team to me was in Atlanta. I am still a Red Sox fan even though the Rays are now only just over an hour's drive away (with no traffic). I am biased like you and think my team's announcers are the best in baseball. I love to hear Jerry Remy on the NESN broadcasts when Boston is playing on the MLB channel.

Who I can't stand is Brian Anderson (former Diamondbacks SP) when I have to suffer to listening to the Rays broadcasts when Boston plays them. His partner is Dwayne Staats who is bearable but Brian Anderson is horrible.

As far as players on my favorite team...JBJ is an incredible fielder in CF but if you can't hit above .225 you are a liability no matter how many great plays you can make. I'm ready to move on from him.

STEVE F

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 2:08 pm

If I had to listen to Ron Darling talk every day, I'd shoot myself

NMILSTEIN

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Ninersphan wrote:I know this isn't exactly where you were going with this thread, but it sort of fits, just bear with me.

I live just outside Greensboro NC. There is no "local" mlb team here. (How Charlotte, hasn't been awarded an MLB franchise I'll never know, but that's a different story.) Any way, my team is the NY Mets, being a transplant from Upstate New York. I PAY for the MLB extra innings package on DirecTV so I can have the pleasure of hearing what I consider the best announcing team currently working today, Gary Cohen, Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez. ( Keith is CONSTANTLY dropping Strat references into the broadcasts BTW).

So what's my gripe, who's the POS I have to watch? well,for 38 of the 162 Mets games I pay to watch on Extra Innings I do not get the pleasure of hearing from my favorite announcing team and instead have to suffer through the insufferable "talent" calling the Washington Nationals and Atlanta Braves games. Apparently even though both Washington DC and Atlanta are both about 300 miles from where i live in opposite directions, Greensboro NC falls into the black out zone for out of town broadcasts for both teams. Who the FUQ at MLB came up with that brilliant map?

As far as players? c'mon it's the Mets, I'd have a shorter list of who I WANT to watch, I cringe every time we have to use a RP ;)

I'm with you on the announcers, I live in Atlanta and when I have to listen to Skip Carey because I'm blacked out from the Mets broadcast it's the worst. Keith is always dropping Strat references during broadcasts but I believe he's strictly and C&D player. Last night he offered that Pablo Sandoval would be rated as a 1-8 runner in Strat. In addition to the Mets TV crew, Howie Rose is awesome as the radio play by play guy.

Ninersphan

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 8:36 pm

NMILSTEIN wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:I know this isn't exactly where you were going with this thread, but it sort of fits, just bear with me.

So what's my gripe, who's the POS I have to watch? well,for 38 of the 162 Mets games I pay to watch on Extra Innings I do not get the pleasure of hearing from my favorite announcing team and instead have to suffer through the insufferable "talent" calling the Washington Nationals and Atlanta Braves games. Apparently even though both Washington DC and Atlanta are both about 300 miles from where i live in opposite directions, Greensboro NC falls into the black out zone for out of town broadcasts for both teams. Who the FUQ at MLB came up with that brilliant map?

I'm with you on the announcers, I live in Atlanta and when I have to listen to Skip Carey because I'm blacked out from the Mets broadcast it's the worst. Keith is always dropping Strat references during broadcasts but I believe he's strictly and C&D player. Last night he offered that Pablo Sandoval would be rated as a 1-8 runner in Strat. In addition to the Mets TV crew, Howie Rose is awesome as the radio play by play guy.

Of the two announcing sets, Braves or Nats, my least favorite is BY FAR F. P. Santangelo for the Nats. CAN NOT STAND THAT GUY as an announcer, loved him as a plyer but he is grating to the ear, like finger nails on a chalk board.

STEVE F wrote:If I had to listen to Ron Darling talk every day, I'd shoot myself

To each his own. I would think of the two, Keith or Ron that Keith would rub more people the wrong way, but obviously that's isn't the case. Oh, and they don't do a three man booth every night, sometimes one or the other, Keith or Ron, is off for a series or two so you wouldn't have to listen to Ron EVERY night.

WHEW just saved your life. ;) :D

STEVE F

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 pm

As a confirmed Seinfeld fan, I could never say ANYTHING bad about my good friend KEITH HERNANDEZ :D

klx22

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 3:10 pm

LMBombers wrote:Great post Niners! I have a similar story to yours. I live in central Florida. I was raised in Winter Haven, FL and from the time I was born till the mid-1980s the Boston Red Sox trained there so I have always loved the Red Sox. Back then there were no Rays or even Marlins. The closest team to me was in Atlanta. I am still a Red Sox fan even though the Rays are now only just over an hour's drive away (with no traffic). I am biased like you and think my team's announcers are the best in baseball. I love to hear Jerry Remy on the NESN broadcasts when Boston is playing on the MLB channel.

Who I can't stand is Brian Anderson (former Diamondbacks SP) when I have to suffer to listening to the Rays broadcasts when Boston plays them. His partner is Dwayne Staats who is bearable but Brian Anderson is horrible.

As far as players on my favorite team...JBJ is an incredible fielder in CF but if you can't hit above .225 you are a liability no matter how many great plays you can make. I'm ready to move on from him.

LMB, I agree about Bill's post being a great one. I also live in Central Florida & am a Red Sox fan. I am bias like you and feel we have the best announcing team. I do prefer when it is Jerry Remy & Dave O'Brien, Eck gets on my nerves sometimes.

I am not ready to give up on JBJ, his glove is phenomenal & when he gets hot with his bat, watch out! Swihart was the POS I was ready to and happy we parted with.

ScumbyJr

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 5:51 pm

STEVE F wrote:As a confirmed Seinfeld fan, I could never say ANYTHING bad about my good friend KEITH HERNANDEZ :D

Yeah, but I bet you wouldn't help him move.

Ninersphan

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 9:49 pm

ScumbyJr wrote:
STEVE F wrote:As a confirmed Seinfeld fan, I could never say ANYTHING bad about my good friend KEITH HERNANDEZ :D

Yeah, but I bet you wouldn't help him move.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx