No Offense, But...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

paul.czarnecki

No Offense, But...

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 8:57 am

But there's no offense. Has anyone noticed that most, if not all, hitters in the 2018 set are dramatically underperforming?

I have three teams going in a variety of ballparks and no one is hitting the ball.

I've been playing online Strat since it launched and I've never seen anything like it.

Radagast Brown

Re: No Offense, But...

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 4:57 pm

The cards will NEVER perform the way they do in real life, unless you are playing an "AS PLAYED" replay.

The cards are made to perform how they do in real life IF, they were to face the exact same teams and pitchers that they faced in 2018.

But even an 80 million dollar team is going to have MUCH BETTER pitching than a real life MLB team has for the 162 game season. This is why many (most) players will not reach their 2018 totals. However, because of random chance, some will reach their real life totals, and some will even exceed them.

If you want 100% realism, buy the CD-ROM and do an AS PLAYED REPLAY.

Or just stick to 80 million dollar leagues.

chasenally

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:05 pm

I have noticed that Pitching salaries have seemed to drop. 2 at $10+, 2 at $8+, 4 at $7+ and 8 at $6+. Seems like Pitching is under priced or is lacking. If it is lacking Batters should be doing better don't you think? I do understand that you wont hit as well when the crap isn't drafted in a 12 team league. This years looks price wise as poor pitching though.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

paul.czarnecki

PostFri Apr 05, 2019 6:35 am

Radagast Brown wrote:The cards will NEVER perform the way they do in real life, unless you are playing an "AS PLAYED" replay.

The cards are made to perform how they do in real life IF, they were to face the exact same teams and pitchers that they faced in 2018.

But even an 80 million dollar team is going to have MUCH BETTER pitching than a real life MLB team has for the 162 game season. This is why many (most) players will not reach their 2018 totals. However, because of random chance, some will reach their real life totals, and some will even exceed them.

If you want 100% realism, buy the CD-ROM and do an AS PLAYED REPLAY.

Or just stick to 80 million dollar leagues.

Uh, yeah. I know that. My point is the cards are dramatically underperforming relative to previous years. :roll:

FoggyOne

PostFri Apr 05, 2019 1:12 pm

I can't recall seeing more 1-0 games than as i see in this set. Statistical anomaly (like global warming :lol: -- but no joke).

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Apr 09, 2019 8:06 pm

FoggyOne wrote:I can't recall seeing more 1-0 games than as i see in this set. Statistical anomaly (like global warming :lol: -- but no joke).

record number of K's less speed...fewer sacrifices....equals more low scoring games IF you are in pitchers park
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx