• Author

geekor

Re: Give us our game back!!

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 9:44 pm

Also, no one complains about starter overuse for some reason

milleram

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 3:31 pm

What it comes down to---you can't be realistic with a 24 or 25 man roster and salary drop penalties also---most teams use 40 to 50 guys a season now--Atlanta used 48 players last season, at least 35 of them for longer stretches.

Salary penalties are a necessity to keep drop adds from happening nightly, and that still happens with Daily leagues.

When I started on-line play I was a little shocked at the usage rules--100PA guys going all season, but I think that's probably the best compromise there too--at least they price the guys more or less accordingly.

If they want to change rules to modernize -- thats OK, everybody plays by the same rules, (only thing I whined about was it affected leagues that were running mid-season)

But if you want to moderize the Strat game--in Pitching usage especially, I don't know how to do it without a larger roster--say 30 with 25 active. Also if they want to modernize pitching usage--they need to address overusage of 100PA batters also if they want to be fair about it.

robwrjr

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:Someone wrote :
Hate to seem like a pessimist, but I doubt they will do anything.

I hate your burst your whiny bubble but they did do something, they made the game more realistic and gave us more options. Sorry bout your luck, I know how old guys don't handle change so well. Stay out of my division and you might just be okay, or leave and never play again, I could care less.

Is a $80M salary cap realistic? Is a roster without a DL spot realistic?
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx