anyone used both Ohtani cards on the same team yet??

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

anyone used both Ohtani cards on the same team yet??

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 1:33 pm

I know you can't put both on your draft order, but support said both could be on a roster together after a draft. They also said there could be glitches if this happens. Wondering if it's been tried yet, and what the results might be. Need to know for several keeper leagues where both of his cards will be allowed on the roster

Radagast Brown

Re: anyone used both Ohtani cards on the same team yet??

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Interesting, I didn't think it was possible, although it should be... It looks like they are really trying to make big improvements... You should only have to pay one (slightly larger) salary for both cards. Cheers!

NMILSTEIN

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 am

I tried it but it didn't work. He kept being skipped in the starting rotation whether he was in my lineup or not. The interesting thing was that the starting pitcher that Hal used in his place would pitch with no effect on his stamina. I had the same pitcher start 3 games in a row at F9.

If you plan it correctly it could be used as an unfair advantage but I just released Ohtani's pitchers card and kept the hitting card.

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am

NMILSTEIN wrote:I tried it but it didn't work. He kept being skipped in the starting rotation whether he was in my lineup or not. The interesting thing was that the starting pitcher that Hal used in his place would pitch with no effect on his stamina. I had the same pitcher start 3 games in a row at F9.

If you plan it correctly it could be used as an unfair advantage but I just released Ohtani's pitchers card and kept the hitting card.

Interesting, thanks for the info Neil. Curious, did you draft the hitter and add the Pitcher, or vice versa?

Delbird

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 4:32 pm

I don't see how you can even add both cards at the same time. I have him on a team as a DH (drafted that way) and his pitching card is grayed out, saying it is already owned by me. Ohtani doesn't appear in the available SP's. From what I see, you can only use him either as a pitcher or DH, not both. If someone has found a way to do otherwise, I'd be curious how....

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Delbird wrote:I don't see how you can even add both cards at the same time. I have him on a team as a DH (drafted that way) and his pitching card is grayed out, saying it is already owned by me. Ohtani doesn't appear in the available SP's. From what I see, you can only use him either as a pitcher or DH, not both. If someone has found a way to do otherwise, I'd be curious how....

I asked support if it was possible, because it is going to come up in keeper leagues where guys own him and was told, that he could not be on a draft list at both positions, but once the draft had run, the undrafted card could be added by sending a request to support and they would force the undrafted card on the roster.
However they also explained that playing with both had not been play tested, and it could lead to glitches.

NMILSTEIN

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 1:07 am

Ninersphan wrote:
NMILSTEIN wrote:I tried it but it didn't work. He kept being skipped in the starting rotation whether he was in my lineup or not. The interesting thing was that the starting pitcher that Hal used in his place would pitch with no effect on his stamina. I had the same pitcher start 3 games in a row at F9.

Interesting, thanks for the info Neil. Curious, did you draft the hitter and add the Pitcher, or vice versa?

I drafted him as a hitter and then contacted support to get the pitcher card forced onto my roster.

Mumford

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 am

Delbird wrote:I don't see how you can even add both cards at the same time. I have him on a team as a DH (drafted that way) and his pitching card is grayed out, saying it is already owned by me. Ohtani doesn't appear in the available SP's. From what I see, you can only use him either as a pitcher or DH, not both. If someone has found a way to do otherwise, I'd be curious how....

Yeah, In the ATG set Joe Wood has both pitching cards and a position player card. Only one can be used.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx