Beware new rules about relief apply

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

hendrix08

Re: Beware new rules about relief apply

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm

I did see the fatigue issue in my 2017 team. My best guess is that it started happening in early March. This lines up well with the response I just got from SOM Customer Service.

Thanks for these examples. We were able to find a side effect of the implementation of 4-endurance starting pitchers that affected fatigue. Yesterday, that code was fixed and fatigue is again working as it was prior to this change.

Sounds like they fixed the issue, which is probably why it looks like no one saw it in last nights results.

MARCPELLETIER

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Wow, how disappointing is that? I thought they had finally got serious with the problem of overabusing relievers (albeit frustrated we were not told in advance), but apparently we are back to the despairing old rules.

Old rules, shall we repeat, that are not in respect with the SOM rules themselves.

STEVE F

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 pm

MARCPELLETIER wrote:Wow, how disappointing is that? I thought they had finally got serious with the problem of overabusing relievers (albeit frustrated we were not told in advance), but apparently we are back to the despairing old rules.

Old rules, shall we repeat, that are not in respect with the SOM rules themselves.

Marc, please explain?

MARCPELLETIER

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 11:00 pm

27.65 Rule Update in 2010: If a reliever pitches 2 or more in-
nings above his relief fatigue rating then he must rest one day before his next appearance. If he pitches 3 or more innings above his relief fatigue rating then he must rest two days before his next appearance.
If a relief pitcher is used without this proper amount of rest, consider him fatigued for the entire outing.

Well, that rule above has never been implemented in 365 game, even though it is applies on the computer game

STEVE F

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 11:30 pm

MARCPELLETIER wrote:
27.65 Rule Update in 2010: If a reliever pitches 2 or more in-
nings above his relief fatigue rating then he must rest one day before his next appearance. If he pitches 3 or more innings above his relief fatigue rating then he must rest two days before his next appearance.
If a relief pitcher is used without this proper amount of rest, consider him fatigued for the entire outing.

Well, that rule above has never been implemented in 365 game, even though it is applies on the computer game

Ahh, OK. I always thought it was just poorly written, and interpreted it as "if he pitches more than 2 innings above rating, 1 day rest, if he pitches more than 3 etc...
at least that's the way it's always worked

MARCPELLETIER

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Doolittle came in rested and piched 3 innings, fatigue kicked in hard early in the third inning, but has always been. Looks like the good old days

Terry101

PostSat Mar 16, 2019 12:17 pm

MARCPELLETIER wrote:Wow, how disappointing is that? I thought they had finally got serious with the problem of overabusing relievers (albeit frustrated we were not told in advance), but apparently we are back to the despairing old rules.

Agreed- it would have been much more realistic-

Radagast Brown

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 11:57 am

Injuries and big bullpens are part of the modern MLB. I think the rosters should be larger still. Why not at least a 26 man roster ( or even 28),or a small injured reserve?

I know some people are upset you can no longer cut an unwanted player before waivers. So why not let us draft 26 or even 28, then we could still cut one or two before waivers?

Of course if they have changed the fatigue rules or settings they should have let us know.

No MLB team can make it through a season with less than 30 players. 24 man roster is just way too small.

I want the full GM experience, give us more.

Radagast Brown

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 12:02 pm

They might have inadvertently, or on purpose set up the super max CD ROM pitch count rules.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx