STEVE F

Re: Pricing - Who's high, who's low?

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 2:01 pm

visick wrote:Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's a joke! Whoever gets him starts out with a 3 million advantage

geekor

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Votto = overpriced. You will never get 8 mil of value from the OB and Def only card at 1B.

visick

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Oh well...

Attention all managers of the new 2018 season set:

We made an error with Charlie Culberson's salary - it should be $4.14M, not the $1.00M that was listed.
In order to correct his salary, we had to take the following steps:

- In leagues that have already drafted, teams that own Culberson keep him at $1.00M.
- In leagues that have already drafted and have not reached their waivers deadline, Culberson remains at $1.00M.
- In leagues that have already drafted and are past their waivers deadline (or frenzy leagues), Culberson's salary has risen to $4.14M.
- For teams that haven't drafted and entered a league's preseason yet, Culberson was removed from your draft list.
If you had joined a league, you were pulled back out of the league.

We sincerely apologize for our error and regret the confusion it has caused.
"

klx22

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Let's not post about anyone we think is under priced going forward?

STEVE F

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 4:40 pm

klx22 wrote:Let's not post about anyone we think is under priced going forward?

This was an error , not a case of being underpriced. Big difference between that and a typical "underpriced" player
Last edited by STEVE F on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joethejet

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 4:56 pm

So it seems this group feels OB and D is over priced. Both Nimmo and Votto have great ob and defense. Both are over .500 v RHP with Votto > .550.

True Votto doesn't have much power which you would want from your 1bs normally, but I'm not sure you can devalue OB just because it's from a 1b.

Nimmo has some power vRHP as his "iso" is .240 and his average hit is almost a double.

geekor

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 5:22 pm

joethejet wrote:So it seems this group feels OB and D is over priced. Both Nimmo and Votto have great ob and defense. Both are over .500 v RHP with Votto > .550.

True Votto doesn't have much power which you would want from your 1bs normally, but I'm not sure you can devalue OB just because it's from a 1b.

Nimmo has some power vRHP as his "iso" is .240 and his average hit is almost a double.

Back when I had input, I was overwritten but never proven wrong in that ascertation. Helton in the mid 2000 was my example back then. He would have 50 ob and defense but was never worth his 8 Mill tag. He would be left unused in almost all leagues once people saw he never performed for that price. Multiple 5 Mill 1b would outperform him. Votto is the same. Empty slow ob and def at a position that doesn't matter is massive overprice.

LMBombers

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 5:36 pm

I have both Culberson (1M) and Brock Holt (2.88) on one of my teams. Culberson is supposed to be 4.14 but I plan to platoon them at 3B with Culberson only facing LHP. Culberson is only better than Holt in HR parks. You cold argue that Holt is better than Culberson vs both LHP and RHP. Holt is a 2 injury which likely makes up most of the price difference.

joethejet

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Holt is also a 4 at 3b which hurts his price. In addition, Culberson is probably priced for a HR park (which you sort of pointed out)

Geekor, So, would you differentiate between a 1b with OB versus, say, a LF with OB?

toronto50

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Not sure how most people evaluate cards. Culberson not worth 4 mill and I would not seek him out at his faulty price. I mentioned Nimmo and the response was his obp and def etc. ..I know why card values cost, but when I view certain cards I know they will not produce. Nimmo will not produce anything close to that cost
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx