Shohei Ohtani in ideal Strat world

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

je8675309

Shohei Ohtani in ideal Strat world

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 5:20 pm

After a search I read in the Daily set that Ohtani would have two cards and would be treated much like Ruth currently is in ATG. You can pickup either his pitcher card or position card but can't have both.

My guess is that Ohtani's DH card will be around 6M and his SP card will be around 2M for the 2018 set. In my ideal world, his price would be 8M and the owner may use Ohtani any way he wishes.

I'm not interested in discussing how SOM is expected portray him but I'm wondering how others would like Ohtani to be handled - in an ideal world?

geekor

Re: Shohei Ohtani in ideal Strat world

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Ideal world he can do both, but can only hit as long as it's not within not within 1 day (either side) of his pitching day, or on his pitching day.

You would get hitting 40% of the time, and regular pitching.

the ghost of roger maris

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 9:55 am

93982/2018/1/3018

93982/2018/2/3018
player id number /year /card code/ unleashed set code for year...
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

The Biomechanical Man

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 10:33 am

the ghost of roger maris

lpezzeme

milleram

PostSun Feb 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm a little surprised Acuna is a three injury, considering he wasn't brought up till late May--I could see a two injury.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/93995/2018/1/3018

worrierking

PostMon Feb 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Back to the original question, I hope Strat comes up with a solution to allow Ohtani to be one player who can be used in both roles like he is in real life. I don't know exactly how the game engine works, but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. I own him in a keeper league. I don't like the idea that he is two separate players. It makes no sense that he could be owned by two different teams in the same league. He's one person and can't be in separate ballparks at the same time. I also don't believe it is fair to be able to use him as two players on the same team, since that's not the way he is being used in real life. He's one guy who does two different roles and it is up to Strat to figure out how that can be handled in the game.

milleram

PostMon Feb 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Obviously, the way the game is programmed, they can't do it right now.

They need an easy work around, if I were trying to add this feature, I would try to add an attribute/switch to the hitters version of the card that somehow allowed an extra team roster spot for the pitcher card, and tie the pitchers card to the hitters card when it was drafted. Only price one version of the card. (or do it the opposite way)--get it done with the least amount of programming change someway.

geekor

PostMon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm

milleram wrote:Obviously, the way the game is programmed, they can't do it right now.

They need an easy work around, if I were trying to add this feature, I would try to add an attribute/switch to the hitters version of the card that somehow allowed an extra team roster spot for the pitcher card, and tie the pitchers card to the hitters card when it was drafted. Only price one version of the card. (or do it the opposite way)--get it done with the least amount of programming change someway.

Just add an if clause that if dropping player id=xxxx for player id=xxxx (i.e. same player id that is ohtani) then have 0% drop cost.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx