Anyone in favor of having the option...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

johnmartinsain

Anyone in favor of having the option...

PostSun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 am

....of cancelling injuries during the playoffs? - This would be a league option before a season begins.

joethejet

Re: Anyone in favor of having the option...

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 1:06 pm

I wouldn't be. That's the risk you take with injury guys. Wouldn't be fair to teams that are less susceptible to injuries on purpose.

keyzick

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 6:45 am

Nope, I agree with Joe.

Risden

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 pm

As tough and unforgiving postseason injuries can be, it is part of the risk. Sometimes the greater the risk, the higher the reward. Sometimes, it's just a risk.

RandyW64

PostMon Feb 04, 2019 1:55 pm

I am experiencing that right now, in the finals. However it is NOT my injury guys!! I have two guys with injury ratings of 1 out for 5 games of the finals, and another guy with an injury rating of 2 out for the entire series.

I purposely picked a team with low injury guys, because I didn't want it to be an issue. Then, went out and won 91 games, had the second best record in the league, and lost 3 starters due to injury for the finals. I totally get that it happens in real life too. However, one team should not have the advantage in this simulation, simply because of "luck." One thing that could be done is to make guys be injured equal to their injury rating for the playoffs. (i.e.: injury rating of 1, 1 game; 2, 2 games Max.) This would allow some realism, and also not penalize teams for playing the entire season with a team, only to have it decimated by injuries during the playoffs.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx