how to get hoyt wilhem to pitch more

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

ROBERTEBURG

how to get hoyt wilhem to pitch more

PostSat Dec 29, 2018 8:59 am

Spending almost six mil for Hoyt Wilhem need to have him used more how do I get him more innings?

milleram

Re: how to get hoyt wilhem to pitch more

PostSat Dec 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Lots of possibilities here--and I have played very little ATG, so things a bit different in 20XX.

But here some things you can do.

Set closers to normal instead of max. (set a lesser RP as closer if you want max innings from Wilhelm)--set SP that are worse than Wilhelm to quick hook if you have to, (quick hook isn't always wise with all teams) remove SP after 6 or 7 is another option. Also remove after 6 or 7 innings overrides the quick/slow Hook switches I think. Set SP to remove at F8. F settings override every other switch also I think, so quick hook tends to get SP out faster the few times I have used them.

Set Wilhelm to every role and list him as 1st option if you set two pitchers in that role (middleman, setup, tied & late etc, you can use closer here too if closers are set to normal--- but don't set him to mopup, HAL considers mopup pitchers as bottom of the barrel, but in ATG (and 20xx sometimes) I can see setting a decent pitcher as mopup as comebacks are more prevalent--so maybe someone with more ATG teams than me would say use him as mopup too.

Also you can use f settings for Wilhelm to keep him in a little longer if the rest of your relivers don't compare at all--I would avoid low F settings though.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx