New Keeper League Interest? League FULL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

New Keeper League Interest? League FULL

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 11:58 pm

I'm interested in starting a new Keeper league. It would be A 12-team league. I'd want to add at least one twist to the conventional. That is we conduct a team (Major League team) draft for our prospect draft each year. So lets say I drafted last in thee FA draft. I'd then get the first pick of Major league teams. I would be able to only draft prospects from whichever Major league team I select each Spring. And we start the process over in sequential years via the worst to first w/l records draft format from there.

One other thing I'd want to do is have no trading of 10th round FA picks. So much hassle trying to figure out what to do when we try to account for late round trades. I'd rather we keep all trades to rounds 1-8. Makes it much easier on the Commissioner (Me) of the league. And don't you want me to have fun too? :o

Also like what Paul Long did in the D2D Keeper league in regards to 2nd season divisions. Basically, he split up the top teams into different divisions so they would be rewarded for having good won/loss records the first season of any year. The divisions would look like this every year in the second season...

Seeds 1, 6, 7, 12 in the East

Seeds 2, 5, 8, 11 in the Central

Seeds 3, 4, 9,10 in the West

I want to call the league The Ice Cream/ Peanuts/ or HotDogs league. As long as it fits in the subject heading that's what it will be.

Stadium drafts will be conducted every second YEAR. So we'll do our first draft in 2019 and second one in 2021. You don't have to participate after the first draft but you won't be able to draft one in even years so...

I'm thinking most everything else about this 12-team Keeper league will be pretty standard. I'll post the full list of League rules soon. Nothing too surprising.

Thank you

You can post your name if intetested.

Put your name here... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=644856
Last edited by fredpaii on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terry101

Re: New Keeper League Interest?

PostMon Oct 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Bump

mike282981

Re: New Keeper League Interest?

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 10:46 am

Bump

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx