Keeper League for Dummies - Drafting In ILC

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

The Godfather

Keeper League for Dummies - Drafting In ILC

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 5:47 pm

I want to start a theme league that’s somewhere between a recurring two-team theme league and a franchise/keeper league. I’ve always wanted to jump into a keeper league but it gets intimidating with all of the different drafts, prospects, etc. (especially if you’re attempting to take over an abandoned team) and this might make it easier for likeminded others to get into the pool slowly.

I think this format would do a pretty reasonable job of leveling the playing field each season, as your draft position would adjust with each card set (details below).

League Details
1. $110m/DH/5% drop/Frenzy
2. Unleashed set
3. Draft via SOM boards
3. No trades allowed
4. Two seasons per card set? (please indicate your vote if you sign up below)
5. If two seasons per card set, redraft Rounds 2, 3, 4 for second season
6. I understand this card set has been out for awhile, we can do one season for this card set and two seasons for each new card set going forward if that's how the voting goes.

Initial Draft/Franchise Details
1. Team drafted during Round 1 is your permanent franchise team. (exclusive rights for every season/league going forward)
2. Team drafted during Round 2 is your second franchise. (exclusive rights for that league)
3. Must use ballpark of your permanent franchise or second (Round 2) franchise.
4. Players from undrafted teams selected in Round 3 and 4. (exclusive rights for that league)
5. Undrafted players from undrafted teams are not eligible for waiver pickup.
6. You can drop your Round 3 or 4 picks at any time, but they can only be replaced by players from your Round 1 or 2 teams (if you need to fill that roster spot to meet the minimum requirements)

Draft Order (Initial Season)
Round 1 order determined by randomizer based on sign up list
Round 1: 1-12 (permanent franchise)
Round 2: 12-1 (second franchise for that card set)
Round 3: 12-1 (FA from undrafted franchises)
Round 4: 1-12 (FA from undrafted franchises)

Preseason Rankings for any Draft After Initial Season (following release of new card set)
1. Permanent franchise picks are ranked by total salary value according to the new card set.
2. Permanent franchise with lowest total salary value selects first in Round 1, highest total salary value selects last.

Draft Order (after Initial Season)
Round 1: 1-12 (seeded lowest permanent franchise value to highest)
Round 2: 1-12 (FA)
Round 3: 12-1 (FA)

Sign-ups
1. The Godfather
Last edited by The Godfather on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Eddie E

Re: Keeper League for Dummies

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 4:35 pm

League Details
1. $110m/DH/5% drop/Frenzy
2. Unleashed set
3. Draft via SOM boards
3. No trades allowed
4. Two seasons per card set? (please indicate your vote if you sign up below)
5. If two seasons per card set, redraft Rounds 2, 3, 4 for second season? (please indicate your vote if you sign up below)
6. I understand this card set has been out for awhile, we can do one season for this card set and two seasons for each new card set going forward if that's how the voting goes.

Initial Draft/Franchise Details
1. Team drafted during Round 1 is your permanent franchise team. (exclusive rights for every season/league going forward)
2. Team drafted during Round 2 is your second franchise. (exclusive rights for that league)
3. Players from undrafted teams selected in Round 3 and 4. (exclusive rights for that league)
4. Undrafted players from undrafted teams are not eligible for waiver pickup.
5. You can drop your Round 3 or 4 picks at any time, but they can only be replaced by players from your Round 1 or 2 teams (if you need to fill that roster spot to meet the minimum requirements)

Draft Order (Initial Season)
Round 1 order determined by randomizer based on sign up list
Round 1: 1-12 (permanent franchise)
Round 2: 12-1 (second franchise for that card set)
Round 3: 12-1 (FA from undrafted franchises)
Round 4: 1-12 (FA from undrafted franchises)

Preseason Rankings for any Draft After Initial Season (following release of new card set)
1. Permanent franchise picks are ranked by total salary value according to the new card set.
2. Permanent franchise with lowest total salary value selects first in Round 1, highest total salary value selects last.

Draft Order (after Initial Season)
Round 1: 1-12 (seeded lowest permanent franchise value to highest)
Round 2: 1-12 (FA)
Round 3: 12-1 (FA)

Sign-ups
1. The Godfather
2. Eddie E

The Godfather

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Sign-ups
1. The Godfather
2. Eddie E

klx22

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Sign-ups
1. The Godfather
2. Eddie E
3. klx22

Eddie E

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Godfather,

I am currently in a keeper league, an auto draft league and a theme league so I sent out an invitation for all to join your keeper league for dummies. Hope that brings in some new blood. By the way I was thinking that one season for each card set would be best for starters but willing to try two.

The Turtle

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 5:14 pm

I'd sign up for this, but preferably I would want have a way to guarantee what team I would have for the rest of eternity. ie Choose it without a draft, then draft the rest.

The Godfather

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Eddie E wrote:Godfather,

I am currently in a keeper league, an auto draft league and a theme league so I sent out an invitation for all to join your keeper league for dummies. Hope that brings in some new blood. By the way I was thinking that one season for each card set would be best for starters but willing to try two.

Thanks for doing that! I'm fine either way, I was going to leave it up to the other owners to vote on. In either case, I thought we were probably too far (timewise) into this card set to generate enough enthusiasm to have two seasons.

Eddie E

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 pm

I am ok with choosing your franchise team as well if that is what it takes to get the signups.

JAMESZIMMER

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 4:02 am

Sign-ups
1. The Godfather
2. Eddie E
3. klx22
4. zin13

The Turtle

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Sign-ups
1. The Godfather
2. Eddie E
3. klx22
4. zim13
5. The Turtle

2 league proposals (1 we can choose our team at signup), 2. Trades are allowed but NOT from your permanent team. I think both may allow us to get this league full.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx