Interesting predicament for SOM

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

LMBombers

Interesting predicament for SOM

PostSat May 26, 2018 9:50 pm

With Shohei Ohtani both pitching and hitting it will be very interesting to see how SOM handles that next year. If they treat him as two different players or what as has been previously discussed in these forums.

Also interesting will be the Tampa Bay Rays RP who have been starting games with regularity. When the RP start a game they only go 2 to 3 innings and the bullpen finishes out the game. Sergio Romo I believe started two games in a recent 3 game series. Ryan Yarbrough and Matt Andreise are other Tampa Bay RP getting starts this year. I wonder if they will be give the S/R classification. If so will they be S2/R2 or something like that? If they are given a low S innings rating I wonder if SOM will allow them to start on only 1 or 2 games rest instead of resting for 4 games like any other non *S SP would have to do.

We'll see if SOM can keep up with the creativity of the way players are used that the Angels and Rays are doing in real baseball this season.

FRANKMANSUETO

Re: Interesting predicament for SOM

PostSat May 26, 2018 10:10 pm

SOM do work? Try to be creative? Do you want their heads to explode? :o :shock: :lol:

dharmabums

PostTue May 29, 2018 8:55 am

Looking at the 2018 Daily cards, Ohtani has two cards, as a SP and a DH (both priced in the mid $4M's). I guess a manager just has to choose which Ohtani card to use for the season -- similar to Babe Ruth in ATG, with the SP card that isn't all that bad. Also, Sergio Romo is listed as S5/R3.

apolivka

PostTue May 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Also interesting will be Josh Hader. A dominant R3 type guy who has also closed hasn't been seen for quite a long time. Who knows how he might end up, but in online DH leagues he could be super valuable as a "superreliever" who could go 250+ innings easily.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx