Need help clearing up rule :

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

paul j kiggins

Need help clearing up rule :

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 12:18 am

PJ Kiggins (copy of email sent to stratomatic)

1:08 AM (6 minutes ago)

to 365support
Wud like to lodge a protest of play off opponents in THOSE WERE THE Days 2007-2018

I won my division and rules say that all wild cards shall be seeded lower than divisional winners.Therefore THe SWampers are the team with the best record(103 wins)..#2 seed are the Long run (102 wins), as a divisional winner i claim # 3 seed as a divisional winner over the Surfer Dudes who were a wildcard.Play-offs according to the rules should be Swampers (#1) vs #4 Surfer Dudes .......#2 Seed (Long Run ,102 wins) vs #3 seed me Knights.

24-team leagues - Semi-Finals:
The 4 winners of the Quarter-Finals matchups advance to the Semi-Finals. They will be re-seeded by win-loss record, with all Wild Card teams always seeded below all Division Winners. The Semi-Finals matchups will be Seed 1 vs. Seed 4, and Seed 2 vs. Seed 3. The better Seed has home-field advantage in each series.

I would like Stromatic to change this as according to these rules ..the current match ups are wrong

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/435920

Paul

keyzick

Re: Need help clearing up rule :

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 7:59 am

I’d be more concerned with the teams that look like they just tanked the entire season! Rosters at $30M? What happened there?

oldmansmith2

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 4:47 pm

It's a keeper league with a 13 season limit. Some teams drafted for immediate success and some for the future and for high draft picks the first few years. Now does anybody know if Strat changed the rule on 24 team semifinal matchups or if this is just a glitch?

milleram

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 6:30 pm

There were four divisions, you were the #4 seed and played the 5th seed (1st wildcard)--looks correct to me in first round, In second round, Long Run was the 2nd seed--with only one wildcard left--the lowest seeded division winner would not get a wildcard team--But I think the 1 seed should have got the wildcard instead of the 2 seed--so I see your point.

Looks like since both teams were 96 wins, the logic went to a heads up tie-breaker and seeded The Dudes 3rd in second round.

oldmansmith2

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 6:54 pm

Yes the 1st round was done correctly. It's the semis that were paired incorrectly. According to the rule Paul included in his original post, all wild cards are to be seeded lower than any division winners. That should leave my team the Swampers seeded 1st and playing the Surfer Dudes (the last wild card left). Instead I'm playing the Black Knights. Further, we figure that if the Knights and Surfer Dudes advance to finals, the Dudes are going to be seeded higher again and get home field advantage even though the rule clearly states all division winners are to be seeded ahead of all wild cards. Unfortunately nobody's in office at Strat to tell us if this rule was changed but just not updated in the playoff rule section.

Egnaro

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 9:07 pm

I have a theory, though just my own theory-- I have no proof. It appears that when it says the winners will be re-seeded by win-loss record it is including the first round of the playoffs. If you do this then The Long run's record is 105-60 (.656)(it swept its first round) and the Swampers is 106-61 (won in 5 games) (.634).

This would explain the seeds. I have checked a couple of of 24 team leagues I have been in but can't confirm because the situation did not come up.

oldmansmith2

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 9:43 pm

Interesting... that would explain it.

paul j kiggins

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 10:12 am

the playoff rule for 24 team leagues is as follows

For 24-team leagues: At the end of the 162-game regular season, 8 teams advance to the Playoffs, which consists of 3 rounds - a Quarter-Finals (best of 5 games), a Semi-Finals (best of 7 games), and a Finals (best of 7 games). The 8 teams to advance are the winners of the 4 Divisions, plus 4 Wild Card teams. The Wild Card teams are the 4 best records among teams that did not win their division.

24-team leagues - Semi-Finals:
The 4 winners of the Quarter-Finals matchups advance to the Semi-Finals. They will be re-seeded by win-loss record, with all Wild Card teams always seeded below all Division Winners. The Semi-Finals matchups will be Seed 1 vs. Seed 4, and Seed 2 vs. Seed 3. The better Seed has home-field advantage in each series.

it simply states:

Wild Card teams always seeded below all Division Winners.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEVE F

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 11:58 am

Contact support. They don't read these forums. 24 exclamation points are not more exclamative than 1.

paul j kiggins

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 12:41 pm

sometimes it takes more than 1....lol
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx