Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Page2

Tiebreakers

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi,

I have a question on tiebreakers. In the following season:

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/432956

I was listed as finishing in second place in the central division yet I had a better head to head against the top team I finished 15-9 against them. So I had to play a team with a better record in the playoffs (I guess it worked out I made the finals) but, now its time to hand out draft slots for the upcoming season and I am trying to figure out who should have the better draft choice in each round.

Page2

Radagast Brown

Re: Tiebreakers

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Damn, no one answered your question. I don't know what to tell you... The team with the higher seed should draft after the other team.

Jeepdriver

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 11:47 pm

The playoff matchups were correctly played. You won the tie-breaker over the team you were tied with because as you said, you had the better head-to-head. So you were seeded ahead of the 1100's. You won your Division. So the best record team in the West (AL Rays) played the wildcard team, which was the 1100's while you played the other playoff team (Condors). If your draft is worst to best regular season record, then the four PO teams should draft as follows: the WC team should draft first, followed by you, followed by the East Champion, and lastly the West Champion.

Page2

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi Jeepdriver,

You are correct that is the way the playoffs went. I was wrong when I posted about the playoff matchups. I did get a reply from SOM stating that I had won the division.

I just found it strange that when listing my team and the team that I was tied with they were listed above me in the standings. I would have listed it the other way around.

Page2

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx