Depth Chart Page for online teams

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Wyhn

Depth Chart Page for online teams

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 1:26 pm

I'm wondering if there is any thought of creating a Depth Chart Tab for online team rosters (like in the computer game)?
That would really help when fine-tuning rosters during the waiver period and prior to season start, as well as scoping out the competition and formulating trade offers.

keyzick

Re: Depth Chart Page for online teams

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 pm

There is in the “set lineups’ section

STEVE F

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 2:08 pm

I like this idea.

Wyhn

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 pm

***"There is in the “set lineups’ section"***

True, however competing managers aren't allowed to see your internal lineup display. In addition, the Set Lineups tab is a very rough version. For instance, on my roster is Enrique Hernandez - who happens to play 7 positions. His inclusion destroys the Infielders column spacing, pushing the Salary column over the top of the Outfield player names. Not a pretty sight.

If you've ever played the desktop Computer version of the game, you'd know what Depth Chart I'm talking about. Have someone print it for you and you'll never want anything less.

STEVE F

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Are you talking about the Draft Report under "Display Reports"?

Wyhn

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 pm

It's called the Team Report / Roster Report
It has your entire roster, divided between hitters and pitchers. It displays in columns every player's defensive ratings so you can quickly see every player who defends at each position.

It also displays a plethora of relevant and very useful information about each player, such as Clutch Average and DP number, and all the player's card ratings in one easy to read layout for direct comparison.

To me, it is the single most valuable page in the game, and I've always hoped it would one day be included online.

STEVE F

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Wyhn wrote:It's called the Team Report / Roster Report
It has your entire roster, divided between hitters and pitchers. It displays in columns every player's defensive ratings so you can quickly see every player who defends at each position.

It also displays a plethora of relevant and very useful information about each player, such as Clutch Average and DP number, and all the player's card ratings in one easy to read layout for direct comparison.

To me, it is the single most valuable page in the game, and I've always hoped it would one day be included online.

Ok, I know that one. Yes, it is great. I also like the draft report for a quick view , because it shows you your primary at bats at each position and your innings (for CDROM leagues where usage is a big factor)

Valen

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 pm

I would be in favor of such a page for my use on my team. But I would be opposed to my opponents being able to see anything about my team/roster that even remotely relates to my plans on how they are or will be used.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 4:12 pm

I don't really understand how that page would help with the online game?

But if anything, I wish they could make the CD-ROM look more like the online game, not the other way around..... Of course, I mean the way it looks and the way it is easier to use. The CD-ROM does however, offer more options that the online game does not. But the online features are much more user friendly and the display is way more attractive...

I do know the page on the CD-ROM you guys are referring to, I just don't understand why it is needed here, unless maybe you were playing with usage rules???

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx