Hit and Run

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

zzkev6

Hit and Run

PostWed May 24, 2017 7:53 pm

in regards to positioning the hit and run into your lineup, what is the ultimate position in the lineup for this....2 hole, 3, 4 or 5. Also, do you place the A rated hit and run player first or second or create a 3 way sandwich with others so rated. Thought it may be a good question since there are not that many hit and runs implemented. Any ideas?

Palmtana

Re: Hit and Run

PostWed May 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Here's a lengthy discussion from a dozen years ago.

zzkev6

PostThu May 25, 2017 6:33 pm

wow....thanks

J-Pav

PostFri May 26, 2017 10:40 am

I might be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure the Hit & Run from the early era you'll read about in the old thread is much different than the Hit & Run of today. There was a time when you could get an entire lineup of guys with an "A" Hit & Run rating, and they would all bat .300 simply by optimizing the Hit & Run strategy (esp in a park like Fenway).

I believe that the early system has been completely revamped to correct the statistics downward accordingly. There is no Hit & Run "strategy" anymore, believe me I've tried.

With regard to the OP question, I don't know if you want any of your Top Five hitters going to the Hit & Run chart over their batting card. My guess is that this is better added to the lower half of the order (small ball strategy of getting someone on base, moving the runner with bunts, steals and H&R to create runs).

Food for thought, anyway.

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed May 31, 2017 11:33 pm

J-Pav wrote:I might be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure the Hit & Run from the early era you'll read about in the old thread is much different than the Hit & Run of today. There was a time when you could get an entire lineup of guys with an "A" Hit & Run rating, and they would all bat .300 simply by optimizing the Hit & Run strategy (esp in a park like Fenway).

I believe that the early system has been completely revamped to correct the statistics downward accordingly. There is no Hit & Run "strategy" anymore, believe me I've tried.

With regard to the OP question, I don't know if you want any of your Top Five hitters going to the Hit & Run chart over their batting card. My guess is that this is better added to the lower half of the order (small ball strategy of getting someone on base, moving the runner with bunts, steals and H&R to create runs).

Food for thought, anyway.

I had pretty good luck with a speedster in the 8th spot and an A hit and run in 9th spot many times runner advanced (jankowski and A Simmons)
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

TomSiebert

PostSat Jun 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Wait....there is no "A" H&R rating, is there? It's got to be a "B" rating bumped up to "A" when the guy in front of him is on first and being held on? Am I missing something?

tws

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx