Help me build a Pitchers Park team - Finished!!!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

edgecitytx

Re: Help me build a Pitchers Park team - POST WAIVERS!!!

PostSun Jan 17, 2016 2:30 pm

No comments?

freeman

PostSun Jan 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Looks pretty good to me but it seems a little light on relief for a team that only has two starters that you could reasonably expect to pitch complete games. Taking away BP home runs reduces Russell Martin's value somewhat--I would consider getting a cheaper catcher and upgrading relief.

Maybe I am overly sensitive to that after what's been happening to my cheap relief in this league so far...

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1418266

geekor

PostMon Jan 18, 2016 12:40 pm

McCutchen would have been better than Trout, but you deal with what you can. I think Trout will struggle at home for you.

That said, it looks alright. I haven't used Nava before, but E Chavez hit about .270 for me in a platoon (no real slugging) if you want to save some money.

I have used Peralta/Davis platoon a lot, Adams/Johnson as well. They aren't going to being home an MVP, but serviceable. Vargas/WAlters looks great, but just know you're getting SLG out of that, not great BA/OB.

I can't comment on the 5 man rotation, as I almost never use them :?

edgecitytx

PostMon Jan 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Freeman, I think you're right about my relief pitching (though your team looks great to me). I don't want to give up Martin. I'm low enough on OB as is. I think I'm going to drop one of my two top starters (there are still plenty of good SPs around 4 available) and shore up my relief.

Geekor, I think Trout will struggle everywhere in this pitchers park league. I picked McCutchen, but Scumby beat me to him with the first pick. Pollock's still there, but I'm not sure 1) who would back him up, and 2) who would be better than Trout somewhere else in the lineup, probably RF. I'm still looking. I did swap out Nava for Endy.

J-Pav

PostTue Jan 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Well, if out scoring your opponent 6-2 holds up, you're really going to like this team! :lol:

ScumbyJr

PostTue Jan 19, 2016 12:16 pm

edgecitytx wrote:Freeman, I think you're right about my relief pitching (though your team looks great to me). I don't want to give up Martin. I'm low enough on OB as is. I think I'm going to drop one of my two top starters (there are still plenty of good SPs around 4 available) and shore up my relief.

Geekor, I think Trout will struggle everywhere in this pitchers park league. I picked McCutchen, but Scumby beat me to him with the first pick. Pollock's still there, but I'm not sure 1) who would back him up, and 2) who would be better than Trout somewhere else in the lineup, probably RF. I'm still looking. I did swap out Nava for Endy.

Based on the waiver pool I had no choice but to take McCutchen. You nabbed Martin off my draft card. If you dropped him I would of snapped him up in a heartbeat.

edgecitytx

PostTue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Yes, that was a pretty good start. :lol:

Trout had a great night, too, reminding me that he can hit in pitchers' parks, just not as well as in hitters.

Jeff, I'm surprised you didn't jump in here with suggestions on who to drop Trout for. I would've listened, just wasn't seeing anything that looked like it would work better.

Hammel and Beckett pitch tonight, and they're two I'm gambling on and probably wouldn't have picked if this league wasn't dominated by pitchers parks. But I'm pitching Beckett on recommendations from here and Hammel from my own Lucky-based formulas.

Scumby, you had a good start, too! Don't blame you for taking McCutchen.

Thanks for all the help from all of you. I'll check in and let you know how it's going.

edgecitytx

PostSun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm

We're 15-3 after Division play. You guys know how to build a team.

Scumby is 16-2 in his division. We were 1-2 in the draft. Both of us are expecting 'normalization' to set in any day.

Thanks again. I'll keep you informed as we move into the rest of the league.

ROBERTVOZZA

PostSun Jan 31, 2016 12:47 pm

This plea from a guy who has like 7 hitters in a HR park who total about 6.9 Million in cap. Oh, BTW they combined for about 70 HRs!!! All of his players start in the ALL Star team and he has no vote. Each of his hitters, including bench players tie for the MVP. He kills top 10 players, still has 30M in cap available for the playoffs wins his Division by 20 games every season(Just to be fair), has like a .700 Win Pct. playing in about 8500 leagues. They build cyber statues in his honor after every league he plays in. He has only lost 1 time in the Finals - to his son, who is only 7 years old. And he buys all the fans their hot dogs and beer...Even on the road!

He is quite frankly...The "most interesting man in stratomatic." He doesn't need your help... He is just stroking your ego. :D
Last edited by ROBERTVOZZA on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ROBERTVOZZA

PostSun Jan 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Because he can...He does it to make you feel better. What a guy! :twisted: :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx