Help me build a Pitchers Park team - Finished!!!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

edgecitytx

Re: Help me build a Pitchers Park team

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 10:29 am

I entered a team in PNC because I like the idea of no BPHRs. My usual teams go to PNC to die. My guess is we'll draft later today.

MARCPELLETIER

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 2:19 pm

I could write entirely what gbrookes.

gbrookes wrote:First - I feel that there are 2 different types of pitcher parks - the Petco type (low singles) and the Kauffman type (high singles). I'm more familiar with the high singles type, which I use frequently.

I agree...although in this year's set, the high singles stadium is rather National Park than Kauffman. My only nuance to what gbrookes said after the quote is that I emphasize more infield defense with Nationals-type stadiums---more runners reaching out first base, hence more double play opportunities--so I definitively prefer 1-rated infield defense in this park.

gbrookes wrote:In terms of salary allocation, I tend to emphasize SP salaries more than some people. I think guys like Beckett can be a good SP value due to the lack of BP singles, and the relatively lower importance of BP homeruns. I like a couple of solid relievers, with the greater salary allocation for a C3 or C4 kind of guy who can log lots of innings and still close the game if he lasts long enough, with a cheaper C6 to finish the job if the C4 guy gets tired too soon.

I also agree about emphasizing more SP salaries in low-HR ballpark. This year, I think that Fernandez was the best value among the top SP: -4 arm, some BP homeruns that are reduced to silence, I think he has no single ballpark on one side (from memory), Fiers is another one I like.

edgecitytx

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks, Marc!

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1418505

If that link doesn't work, someone remind me how to do it. I haven't posted a link here for so long.

I'm #2 in waivers, and I have a fortune left. (Not on purpose.)

I got Martin, and I'm happy with my non-hitting #1s at 2b and SS (Lemahieu and Cozart). Tried for Eaton (one of J-Pav's favorites) and missed, but there are a lot of CFs left including Pollock (another J-Pav favorite), Span, and the now frowned on McCutchen and Trout. I also like Adams as part of a 1b platoon, Peralta/R Davis as a platoon, and Walters as DH v L. That's a lot of holes to fill.

Pitching: I'm happy with Carrasco, Ross, and Walker as starters, Gonzales as my loogy, Warren as my main man, Cishek to close if Warren can't.

It's an almost complete pitcher park league. Scherzer is the highest priced starter left.

Let me know what you think. And thanks for all your advice. If I seem to have ignored some of you, it's because I couldn't try each approach at once.

geekor

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm

edgecitytx wrote:Thanks, Marc!

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1418505

If that link doesn't work, someone remind me how to do it. I haven't posted a link here for so long.

I'm #2 in waivers, and I have a fortune left. (Not on purpose.)

I got Martin, and I'm happy with my non-hitting #1s at 2b and SS (Lemahieu and Cozart). Tried for Eaton (one of J-Pav's favorites) and missed, but there are a lot of CFs left including Pollock (another J-Pav favorite), Span, and the now frowned on McCutchen and Trout. I also like Adams as part of a 1b platoon, Peralta/R Davis as a platoon, and Walters as DH v L. That's a lot of holes to fill.

Pitching: I'm happy with Carrasco, Ross, and Walker as starters, Gonzales as my loogy, Warren as my main man, Cishek to close if Warren can't.

It's an almost complete pitcher park league. Scherzer is the highest priced starter left.

Let me know what you think. And thanks for all your advice. If I seem to have ignored some of you, it's because I couldn't try each approach at once.

I personally would drop Cuddyer and try to get McCutchen for my CF (and give you an anchor for your lineup) in place of Lagares. Then look for a cheaper/better value than Longoria (I've had decent luck with Chillenhall). Get a platoon mate for Walkters at DH, and you look OK.

But that would be my method.

visick

Re: Help me build a Pitchers Park team - DRAFTED!!!

PostFri Jan 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Ross does have a nice card...no doubt.

However, and this is just nitpicking here... I don't like the +9 hold.

I like Shoemaker, Bumgarner, Cobb, Wood or Kazmir... just to name a few.

visick

freeman

PostFri Jan 15, 2016 6:25 pm

You might consider Brandon Belt as a cheap source of power (8.5 + 8 BP HR). Gives you some decent power in PNC and a lot of power on the road in a hitter's park to off-set the home team's power advantage a bit. Here is a team that used Belt on the Tour in PNC. Ortiz is preferable but I'm sure he's taken.

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1400386

edgecitytx

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 12:32 pm

Waivers today. I'm going to turn over about half of this team, as per my #2 waiver position. There's a lot out there; I just have to make some decisions.

Marc, JFernandez got dropped and is now the highest salaried pitcher left.

Geekor, Chisenhall's gone, but there are some other good cheapies available, I think. Already dropped Cuddyer.

Freeman, same with Belt, but thanks for the link, gave me some other ideas.

Visick, most of those pitchers are gone, but I've taken note of the one who isn't. Thanks. Feel free to make more suggestions. I agree with you about Ross and I'll swap him out unless nothing's available.

I'll post again after waivers settle down and post a link so you can tell me what mistakes I'm making. Thanks again for all your help.

edgecitytx

Re: Help me build a Pitchers Park team - POST WAIVERS!!!

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 6:35 pm

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1418505

Is there a way to post a link to the league or the free agents? Seems like there used to be, but I never did it. Let me know if I can. Also if my above link is wrong.

I missed McCutchen, but got J Fernandez and then Trout, who was still available. I would rather have had McCutchen, but I agree with Geekor about having some heft in the lineup there and outside of Pollock, I'm not seeing anyone else in the pool. Because 9 are hitters parks, 2 Chase, and 1 Camden, I added Hammell and Beckett (who GBrookes mentioned).

Tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks. Now I'm going to watch the NFL.

edge

milleram

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 6:53 pm

To post a link to the league, just go into the standings and copy the same way you do your team link, then paste it in a post.

edgecitytx

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 6:58 pm

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/428838

Thanks, Milleram, you'd think after a dozen plus years, I'd know these things!
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx