Platoon hitting Question.

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Naptime

Platoon hitting Question.

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 6:09 pm

I want to be able to pinch hit certain players for certain players. How do I set this up. Do I click a name under the substitute option and then click on pinch hit for? How do i get a certain player to pinch hit for my platoon players. Thanks for your help and patience.

Naptime

alk58

Re: Platoon hitting Question.

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Please send all PM's to allank58@gmail.com

Naptime

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Yes I read those posts and thanks for the comment however I guess I am still confused . Do I just hope that Hal will make the right substitutions for me with pinch hitting? I've never tried to platoon players before. I just want the settings to be right.

Thanks

Valen

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 10:46 am

About all you can control is who starts. Hal will not reliably sub the other half of your platoon if there is a pitching change.

ScumbyJr

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

Naptime wrote:Yes I read those posts and thanks for the comment however I guess I am still confused . Do I just hope that Hal will make the right substitutions for me with pinch hitting? I've never tried to platoon players before. I just want the settings to be right.

Thanks

there is no direct way to do it. That makes it hard to platoon multiple positions. You can "Do not PH for" the non-platoon players, set your platoon guys to PH for and avoid LHP/RHP. That's all I have.

Naptime

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks for all the good advice. Sometimes I wish there was a Strat-O-Matic league where you could play your games live online in your leagues and then you could make all the moves you wanted to when you wanted to. I mean a couple of nights ago Hal used a pinch runner for Tori Hunter with Scott Hairston and the game was only in the first inning. REALLY??? Now I have it set up to not use a pinch runner on anybody if this is the way he manages. Thanks again Naptime

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/424841/31

Naptime

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Forget the last part to my last post. I figured out why. Didnt read al the game notes

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx