A Filter For Finding New Leagues To Join

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Radagast Brown

A Filter For Finding New Leagues To Join

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 5:28 pm

In the past, over at TSN , there was a filter on the page showing all the new leagues trying to form. I think it would be very helpful to install one here on this site. If you are looking for an ATG league you could put the filter on ATG and you wouldn't have to search through 35 leagues that all have between 1 and 3 managers.

I am sure I am not alone in being a little frustrated at how long it takes for a league to fill, if it ever fills at all. I know part of this is because of the decline in on-line players and it is in part due to all the new league options (which is a good thing).

I wish there was a ATG league I could join with DH and a reasonable salary cap. As a personal preference I am not into leagues with a cap higher than 100 million.

We have to find a way to fill these leagues a little quicker. I am not sure what the solution is, maybe SOM should have some ghost teams (?), this could be debated. Or maybe they could offer more weekend sales on credits? When I mention ghost teams I mean teams totally controlled by the computer in order to fill certain leagues quicker. Filling leagues quicker would benefit GMs as well as SOM.

sebastian

Re: A Filter For Finding New Leagues To Join

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Very doable upgrades! I dont think Strat will ever create "ghost teams" though. Maybe limit the number of leagues that can be formed at one time maybe? Just like when we act as fillers for the championship when they need help maybe it will mae some be fillers to finish those leagues so another can be formed? Not sure

l.strether

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Ghost teams would be a nightmare. I could only imagine the complaints about better or worse ghost teams--or any ghost teams at all--affecting the Wild Card races.

However, if there are actually players eager (or willing) to play ghost teams and throw their lot and luck in with them, I wouldn't begrudge them...although they would have my sympathies.

Valen

PostSat Jun 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Ghost teams would open a whole can of worms best left closed.
What if a league had 4 or 6 ghost teams? Worse, what if only ghost teams made the playoffs? Would you suspect home cooking to avoid handing out credits? :lol:

Radagast Brown

PostMon Jun 09, 2014 1:27 am

Yes, you guys are right ghost teams would be controversial at best. ...... When I run out of money or credits I often replay my one of my favorite team's seasons and let the computer manage the rest of the teams, but it could be a disaster in these competitive on-line leagues.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx