MLB Whiparound
67%

Total votes : 6

• Author

Valen

Which baseball show you like the most

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 am

Which one do you like the best?

Baseball Tonight has been around longer but often get cutesey catering to the teeenybopper with hashtag stealabase
And much of the show is taken up with segments catering to the gamblers out there with predictions on who will win, etc.

Whiparound has better personalities like Frank Thomas and NItckowski giving straightforward opinions and analysis of what happend that day. They report baseball news as it unfolds between the lines.
Last edited by Valen on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Groundhog

Re: Which baseball show you like the most

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 am

Neither!

MLB Tonight on the MLB Network.

rhonda1957

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 am

Mr Groundhog wrote:Neither!

I do MLB Tonight, but I haven't seen the Fox show yet

Radagast Brown

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm

I think maybe the MLB network has the best show. I do not have the MLB network but when I go to my parents house, which is quite frequently, I watch it there.

I am not sure if I have seen MLB Whip Around, I will have to check it out.

I like Doug Glanville, he is a SOM player (you gotta love that), and I was surprised to see Eric Wedge on television. So now ESPN has two ex Cleveland Indians managers, Manny Acta and Eric Wedge. I am pleased with that arrangement because now the Indians have a real manager in Terry Francona.

dalekeener

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 8:53 am

I have not seen MLB Whip Around. I like MLB Network Baseball Tonight. ESPN while a great sports network has become in my opinion too much about entertainment than content. I do like Tim Kurcheren (sp) on ESPN.

Valen

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 9:09 am

Neither!

Unfortunately my att uverse requires me purchase their top tier to get mlb network. Since that is the only additional channel I would actually watch that makes it a lot for just that channel.

I am considering switching to satelite just so I can get the mlb network.

One thing I like better about whiparound so far is they do not waste time reporting tweets as if they were news. If I wanted to know what someone was tweeting I would follow them. And they really got on my nerves last year with all the hashtag this and hashtag that as if they were tweeting instead of doing live sports news.

Another advantage is to record baseball tonight on my dvr I have to set it to record the show and an additional hour since espn frequently does not start the show on time. I may have to fast forward through 30-60 minutes of something else to get to the start of baseball tonight. I understand games broadcast are going to have unpredictable lengths but espn really needs to do a better job of scheduling.

Radagast Brown

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 9:39 pm

One thing I like better about whiparound so far is they do not waste time reporting tweets as if they were news. If I wanted to know what someone was tweeting I would follow them. And they really got on my nerves last year with all the hashtag this and hashtag that as if they were tweeting instead of doing live sports news

I agree that reading some fans tweet about anything is NOT news, just stick to the facts!

apolivka

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Well, I have a nomination for the _worst_ baseball show. You have to be able to watch Brewers games on "Fox Sports Wisconsin" to see it, but the pre and post game "Brewers Live" show is truly cringeworthy. It reminds me of a high school broadcast journalism class trying to put on their senior project as a live TV show. The hosts are absolutely awful, to the point of being almost humorous. The analysts, Davey Nelson and Jerry Augustine are so unpolished they make the worst QVC presenters and guests look like absolute bastions of television professionalism. Nelson confuses himself about two or three times per night, so I have no idea how anyone follows his train of thought.

Funny thing though, the actual broadcast of the game is great. Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder are a great pair for a small market team. They do their research, have interesting commentary, and are VERY in tune with the team. And, if you don't like them, you can always turn on radio and listen to Bob Uecker.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx