Thoughts on this team

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Smittyjosh7625

Thoughts on this team

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 pm

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1126534

I am thinking about dump Hisashi for either Cingrani, Kelley, Nova or Thornburg. To upgrade 5th starter and my bench as it is non Dh league. All opinions welcome, thanks.

STEVE F

Re: Thoughts on this team

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 pm

I like your idea on the rotation. I think you'll need a much better OF reserve with three 2 injury guys out there, someone like Robinson, Robinson, Bonifacio, or even upgrade to Kelly.

Radagast Brown

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 1:52 am

Overall your team looks good. Your first three starting pitchers are awesome but I don't like mixing S pitchers with S* pitchers unless your S* is your top starter. Also, what is up with your closer, he leans so far to the right that that could be a problem. I would choose a different closer. Better backups, better defense and maybe a better catcher could all be obtained by dumping Hisashi. The alternative starting pitchers you mention all look good to me, in relation to their price. Your big bats seem to be mostly right handed, are you thinking of Fenway or Target for a home stadium? .... The best of luck to you!!! :D

Radagast Brown

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 1:54 am

I have Michael Cuddyer and he is doing really well for me after 45 games (knock on wood) and in the same league Ryan Raburn is on a serious tear, though not on my team.

ps. (edit) Right after I wrote this Cuddyer went down for 10 games. He is a little more of an injury risk so you should probably have a decent backup for when he does get hurt.

Rant

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 11:23 am

I like your starters, but they'll wind up giving up some HRs in the Cell, and I worry about the depth of your relief corps. Even if you max out your closer, you're working with essentially 3 R1s and an R2. And in a non-DH league, you may have more PHs to bump a reliever out of the game.

Even assuming some of the cheap value guys are off the board, I'd look for more value for your park over Polanco, Hoes, and (maybe) Pennington.

Those "w"s will take away runs. Pennington is a fine, cheap replacement, but for backing up a 4 injury, you may want to upgrade a bit to a park-aided shortstop.

Not crazy about Lawrie for you. If he's a platoon, you may be able to do better (and less injury risk).

ScumbyJr

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 11:46 am

Two critical changes which I think most will agree with. If anyone disagrees I would love to hear why.
1) Mujica is the wrong closer for your BP-you want a no BP/low HR guy.
2) Your team will need a hospital ward with all those high injury guys

As for players-I would dump Guzman.He is versatile at sucking. His only value would be at DH , but he can't hit. Wow, .93 for that card? There has to be a better 1B in the FA pool. Also pick up Galvis if he is available. the anti-Guzman, an excellent value.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx