Reading my Roster

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

rongermany

Reading my Roster

PostMon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm

So I am looking at my roster in a 1980s set. I click on the player and it brings up all of the player cards for that player. How do I know which year is being used?

Thanks!

visick

Re: Reading my Roster

PostMon May 06, 2013 1:35 pm

The 80's game is a MYSTERY CARD game.

You don't know what card is being used until after the season/playoffs are over.

You have to use your detective skills to find out what card you might have.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=807

Radagast Brown

Re: Reading my Roster

PostMon May 06, 2013 2:17 pm

I played the mystery game twice a long long time ago. It is a very interesting format, but I think it takes some time to learn. Or you could just get lucky! You can sometimes tell which year card you have of certain players if they hit a few triples and they had a lot of triple chances on one of their five cards. You can use techniques like this to try to determine what year you have, and if it is still early in the season you can always dump the card for only a 5% loss, for another mystery card. Usually there are two really good cards for each player and a couple off years for each player. You never know what you are going to get from a guy, kind of like real life. The one thing that never changes is their fielding and base running abilities, which is nice. So go for those fast good fielders. It is a quite ingenious format. Good luck!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx