Pre-card draft league results

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Pre-card draft league results

PostSat May 04, 2013 10:26 am

I had teams in 3 pre-card draft leagues that finished the regular season last night. Interesting to compare the best (and worst) players in each:

Batting: Only Brandon Moss finished in the top 10 for OPS in all 3 leagues. Guys in the top 10 in 2 of the leagues were Braun, McCutchen, Posey, Trout, Fielder, Stanton, and Kozma.

Most pleasant surprises for batters varied by league, with Longoria in one, Craig in another, and Trumbo in the third.

Most disappointing batters also varied by league, with Trout in one, Cabrera in another, and Cano in the third.

Pitching: No pitcher finished in the top 5 in ERA for SP in all 3 leagues. Guys in the top 5 in 2 of the leagues were Steve Johnson, Beachy, Medlen, and Harvey.

Most pleasant surprises in SP were Erasmo Ramirez in one, Latos in another, and Morrow in the third.

Most disappointing pitcher award unanimously goes to David Price!

tcochran

Re: Pre-card draft league results

PostSat May 04, 2013 11:37 am

Note: Before you jump on the Moss bandwagon, I should add that Moss led 2 of the 3 leagues in strikeouts (and was 3rd in the other one) and, in the two leagues where he was not DH, he led one in errors and was close to the lead in the other.

Caveat emptor...

bertolett

PostSat May 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Was Morrow really a surprise. That's a nice card.

tcochran

PostSat May 04, 2013 1:18 pm

bertolett wrote:Was Morrow really a surprise. That's a nice card.

I think it's unusual to see an SP who leans to 4L earn a 15-6 W/L record in Strat -- and he was not so hot in the other two leagues

bertolett

PostSat May 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Yeah. That makes sense. I have him on my new team. So far so good. I'm in Citizen so maybe a tiny advantage there.

lev.cohen

PostSat May 04, 2013 6:13 pm

With all due respect.. Who cares about Moss's strikeouts? K's aren't really that bad, because they keep his card from having more GIDP's, which are the real rally killers. The defense is a problem, and it would be much preferable to keep him at DH. But his hitting more than outweighs any poor fielding.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx