This Game is Still a Joke. An Apology.

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Re: This Game is Still a Joke. An Apology.

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 11:01 pm

What if Nathan got them out 1-2-3? Then that would have been a good move by HAL. What if Dickey imploded in the 9th and then you ask why didn't HAL bring in my closer in the 9th to close the game out? It is not necessarily a bad move to bring in your closer who is "fresh" to do what you are paying him to do.[/quote]

Well, I want to say that I am not (and try not to) second guessing after the fact. As I was watching the replay I thought "I hope HAL is not going to take Dickey out for Nathan" before the inning started
SF

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

I did get a response from Strat! If you want your starters to not come out, simply do not list a closer. That is fine for my team, as there are only 2 guys who have closer ratings, and I'm willing to let HAL figure it out

coyote303

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 pm

You can also set you ace starter's Don't Rel. B4 rating to something low. Personally, I only set it at F8 for a really good starter and leave it blank for the rest. But if your goal is to get HAL to leave an ace in for the longest possible time, the tool is there.

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm

coyote303 wrote:You can also set you ace starter's Don't Rel. B4 rating to something low. Personally, I only set it at F8 for a really good starter and leave it blank for the rest. But if your goal is to get HAL to leave an ace in for the longest possible time, the tool is there.

I had slow hook on Dickey but it didnt work. I'm going to try out what you said and no closer listed and see what happens
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx