Dianmond Dope

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tony best

Dianmond Dope

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Diamond Dope questions

What is it and is different from the Strat Baseball ratings book?
Is 2012 out yet?
How much does it cost?
Is it worth it?
How does one get it?

Thanks

fredpaii

Re: Dianmond Dope

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Here it is...

You must now pay me $25 dollars every month until I say no more. Not really. I kid! It's 100% free.

http://www.diamonddope.com/diy.cfm

How to work it...

In the SI and HR box put the ballpark numbers your hitter will be operating with (i.e.-as a lefty or as a righty).

Now go down to the columns. Starting from left to right we will examine each individual box.

First box (closest to the numbers on the left)...Two symbols are apparent. One is the ballpark single (>) and the other (#) is the ballpark HR. it's very impoertant you only input either of those charcters where they are shown on a particular player card and NOTHING else...even though the card has numbers after the symbol. Just ignore the numbers after these symbols...OK?

Second box ... If there's an on-base listing associated with a particular number you list the first one here. For example, you will run into some lines on a hitters card that look like this..."Double 1-15 Single". You would simply input the Double in this box. Again, if there was a > or # preceding something like HR 1-14 fly (CF) B you would ignore the info following the > or #. But that's only in the case of those particular symbols. You must input data for every other designation that results in on-base activity (SI, DOU, TRI, HR, BB, HBP) as you see them if no > or # precedes them in the very left most box.

Third box...This is the number listed right after the first on-base activity as mentioned above. Lets say you run into "Triple 1-12 Single". You would click on the third box and run down to the value corresponding on the hitters card at the appropriate line and column and select the number "12" in this case. That means any roll the SOM computer makes between 1-12 (out of 20) results in a Triple for that play. We'll get to what happens if the roll was 13-20 next.

Fourth (and last box) box...This is where you'd input the second choice (if there is one listed on the hitters card. Using the example above you would click on "SI" for Single. Now many times the second choice is NOT a on-base play but an out (something like Fly (CF) A for instance). DO NOTHING if you see something like that following the initial on base activity. Only input data that is shown on the card. However, don't put in anything other than the > or # if those symbls are listed on a given line.

It's really simple stuff to input data. After you input all the data correctly you need to click on the "Submit" button in the bottom left of the box. Then you'll get several headings along with values listed for what is probable for each 108 plate appearances rolled on a given card. That's the basics as I understand them. it gets considerably more involved than that as far as interpretation goes. I'll defer to the local brainiacs for their wisdom in that area.

The Biomechanical Man

Re: Diamond Dope

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 1:31 am

Diamond Dope is a great free addition, thanks to its creator Adrian Gabriel.

However because of copyright or something, Adrian and other contributors were only allowed to load the ATG cards, not 20xx sets. Also, I think because Adrian got burnt out, Diamond Dope is ATG6 so the couple of dozen new ATG7 cards are not included.

So bottom line is it won't help you with 2011 or 2012, but it is great for ATG.

Michael Grammes

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 3:07 am

Fairly certain I read somewhere that atg7 is included in diamond dope... just not the card images for those players added in atg7.

LMBombers

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 7:58 am

That is not correct. The new ATG7 cards are not loaded into Diamondope.

fredpaii

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 10:35 am

tony, you can still do what I laid out for you. In spite of everything else written in this thrread.

artie4121

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 pm

There is one problem currently. The "Pool" date no longer comes up.

This pool data is/was wonderful, in that -- if you know how to get it into a spread sheet like Excel -- you can have the full pool of all the ATG6 (currently, as Adrian hasn't updated to ATG7), indexed by BALLPARK, that can be sorted into an amazing array of categories.

But, as it seems, Adrian has burned out. I've asked him if there is anything we can do to update it ourselves, but he is deciding, it seems to just step back.

tony best

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Fredpaii

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this!1 :D :)

rudys raiders

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Its not a bad tool you can use it to compare current cards if you have a little time nice someone brought this up as I didn't know about it

rudy

MEAT

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 11:05 pm

anyone know if there's any chance of 2012 cards getting on there...
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx