Honestly, when is the game launching?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

schnoogens

Honestly, when is the game launching?

PostThu Feb 14, 2013 3:30 pm

See subject. There has been no communication about this and we are definitely nearing the time that the online game should be launching.

Valen

Re: Honestly, when is the game launching?

PostThu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Based on the past we are still a few weeks away. I do not remember what date it launched on last year. For TSN it was usually shortly after Mar 1. But not sure that means a lot as to when Strat will launch it. Different environment.

It could take longer for Strat. I know we were told at one time this new programming environment would make changes easier and quicker. But my observation is most things have took longer to deliver. But setting that discussion aside as it is close to pointless.

So what does matter? Well first prerequisite is for the cards themselves to come out. Next though is the database for holding the new set has to be prepared. I have no idea what back end database they are using or how much work that involves. But once it is set up it has to be loaded with the player data. Then that data I would think has to be reviewed by someone to make sure it is loaded accurately. Then the game engine I would assume has to be tested against that database for any glitches. So I would make the very uneducated guess of about a month for all that to take place.

Bottom line: Patience my friend. They will make it possible for you to spend your money soon. :D

geekor

PostThu Feb 14, 2013 6:01 pm

visick wrote:I asked them thru email and got the response today...

Most likely the 1st week in March.

The Biomechanical Man

PostFri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks, geekor.

Ninersphan

PostSat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

It was posted in Garcia's latest blog post, that first week in March is the likely launch date.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx