Brandon Moss Poll

Moderator: Palmtana

Will the 2012 Regular set gather no Moss?

Will Brandon Moss make it into the regular set?
77%
Will Strat upset many a Keeper Manager and unleash him?
23%

Total votes : 22

• Author

geekor

Re: Brandon Moss Poll

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 3:22 pm

qksilver69 wrote:DeAza was a surprise. And his PAs were right on Bernie's cutline so I think that had something to do with it. But your'e wrong in that he could have won batting titles pretty easily. He had 35 pts of hits and 12 pts of BB on his card vs RHP, and a decent enough card vs LHs to hold up. That would have equated to a .330+ BA & put him in contention for batting titles.

Again, this is not an exact science, but show me evidence of *recent* exclusions for guys with 200+ PAs (let's say last 4 yrs). As far as I know, they don't exist.

Doesn't matter.

Look I'm one of the guys who thinks there should be no unleashed and put ALL the cards in, price them right, and let them play. So it's not that I don't want Moss in the set.

But he has the highest HR, 2nd highest TB vs RHP in the set. Only Stanton and Reimold (won't be in) have more combined HR chances. the guy, in previous seasons, with a lot of games played, had nothing compared to this. I don't believe they will put him in the regular set. After De Aza was left out last year, my feeling is they want to have enough good cards in the Unleashed set to make it worth the effort of having it split. I really doubt he will be in the regular set.

qksilver69

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 pm

6% of 500 PAs = 30 HRs naturally (u cut in half to count for pitcher card rolls, ergo 6%). And usually just less than half of the BP HRs on his card end up HRs, so that's another 8-10 HRs from his card, getting us to the 35-40 range. In 12-team leagues you see better SPs with fewer HRs on the card so pitcher card HRs might add 5-10 HRs in a good season for him. So I might have been a bit conservative but should be close.

Geekor wanna wager a credit on it? ;)

Ninersphan

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm not gonna bet you dave, but I'm with geekor. Moss makes me nervous, VERY nervous. I may have a shot at him in one or 2 keepr league drafts coming up and I'm glad they won't happen until after the cards are out, cause I'd hate to waste a 1st rounder on him and then have him unleashed on me.

But I'm aslo with geekor and beeliveing all the cards should be in one set. ;) , but you already know that. :D

geekor

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm

not going to bet. when I used to be me ingrained with the goings-on inside (beta test team) I might have. But since I play 5-10 teams all season anymore (compared with 30-40 that I used to), I don't feel as in-tune with the game anymore. I don't have the credits to spare!

But, again, I can see the justification for not including him, and I always love MORE cards (well let's not get ATG crazy) not less, so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

chasenally

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 pm

I really want him in because I drafted him second round in a pre-card draft league. With that said he is the Poster Child for the Unleashed set. I believe he will be in the Unleashed set even with his PA's.
When I drafted him I would have never even thought he wouldn't get a card but one poster is right. They do need some killer cards for you to buy the Unleashed set and well he does look good in front of the camera. :o
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Ninersphan

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm

chasenally wrote:I really want him in because I drafted him second round in a pre-card draft league. With that said he is the Poster Child for the Unleashed set. I believe he will be in the Unleashed set even with his PA's.
When I drafted him I would have never even thought he wouldn't get a card but one poster is right. They do need some killer cards for you to buy the Unleashed set and well he does look good in front of the camera. :o

Kozma is this year's poster child for Unleashed, only 72 ab's

chasenally

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
chasenally wrote:I really want him in because I drafted him second round in a pre-card draft league. With that said he is the Poster Child for the Unleashed set. I believe he will be in the Unleashed set even with his PA's.

Kozma is this year's poster child for Unleashed, only 72 ab's

And now I feel better! 8-)
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx