Stealing

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

Stealing

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 12:29 am

The stealing part of this game is so ash backwards. I normally don't pay attension to what happens in the game for the most part but yes this thing is really messed up! I got players stealing when it seems like the dice are rolled to make that choice. I int walk players on a whim. I was in an extra inning game with runners on second and third with Ortiz up, one out. Good time to load the bases and look for the DP. No, we pitch to Ortiz and he wins the game. I don't care who the pitcher is you load the bases.

I am in a keeper league and that is the only team I am playing right now so I do follow what is going on and I have trusted HAL to make the right decision but man he is off his rocker! I steal when down by 3 and don't when up by 1. It sure looks like a crap shoot as the game goes on.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

durantjerry

Re: Stealing

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 9:43 am

Yes, I just had Rey Ordonez intentionally walked in extra innings and he's like 6 for 48 and my next hitter won the game. Not to beat a dead horse, but I still am a fan of the conservative settings. Once you get into the normal or higher settings, things start going a little crazy. You will rarely have a problem with the steals at the lesser settings(and get a good to great %) and I am consistently at the low end on intentional walks. Not saying things should not be better when using normal or higher, but at this point you can't fight city hall.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx