"Unleashed" players

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: "Unleashed" players

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

edub1969 wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:
visick wrote:I was also under the assumption that guys heavily slanted to a side, generally got a card in the regular set.

You are generaly right but only if the heavily slanted to one side, means the weaker side is unplayable, but that isn't the case with Moss's card. You won't be sitting him vs. LHP with a 32.3 hit count and 40.4 OB count, a 43.8 total base count, 3.2 points of clean HR's and 6 points of BP hr's.

The only guy I'm more sure of getting into the unleashed set is Kozma. Moss's card scares the holy hell out of me, if I'm counting on it in the regular set to fill in a spot in my lineup. You'd better have a plan B.

Do you veteran guys of SOM think there's anyway Bernie would know ahead of time prior to the 2012 season being available online which players will be in the unleashed set?

Not really because it's detemined when they play test the cards to determine salaries. So he'll know ahead of the relasese, but only by a day or two I'd guess.

The Turtle

Re: "Unleashed" players

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 12:40 am

Niner and others,

After the Carlos Baerga ommission, Bernie set guidlines for who was in the game and who was not. It is not as arbitary as you think.

If a player cost more than 7.5 million but has less than 200 PAs he may be excluded.

If a player costs more than 5 million but has less than 150 PAs he may be excluded.

If a player costs for than 2.5 Million but has less than 100 PAs he may be excluded.

Pitchers, I believe are all included once they top 30 IP.

There is also a rule for catchers, since they are more scarce. I think they are all included after 100 PAs.

I am not 100 percent sure on these numbers as prices change from year to year, but I know for a FACT Bernie posted similar if not these exact guidelines. If you go back through time, I think you will find the numbers to be correct.

Unless, things change -- I don't even think Bernie is around anymore -- Brandon Moss will be in the game. PERIOD.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx