New Keeper league?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Michael Grammes

New Keeper league?

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Is there interest in this? If so, I will look at the other keeper leagues, and get ideas for rules and such.

The one thing I would like, is to go back to the oldest, "current" league available.

the ghost of roger maris

Re: New Keeper league?

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 pm

How about a keeper league where you draft 2 teams and the players from the remaining teams are eligible free agents?

reverse order of draft for round two so owner with 1rst pick also gets 24th pick
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Brent65

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm interested in a 2012 keeper league

fredpaii

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:How about a keeper league where you draft 2 teams and the players from the remaining teams are eligible free agents?

reverse order of draft for round two so owner with 1rst pick also gets 24th pick

One team is enough for me! :D

Wouldn't drafting two teams be very time consuming and pretty exhausting?

The Mahoots

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 6:47 pm

One team count me in ! love to see a Super 24 team 80mil cap keeper league , with an active 25 man roster and a ten man "prospect squad" you can bring up anytime...and a roster expansion to 35 after 130 games !

Ninersphan

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm

fredpaii wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:How about a keeper league where you draft 2 teams and the players from the remaining teams are eligible free agents?

One team is enough for me! :D

Wouldn't drafting two teams be very time consuming and pretty exhausting?

I think he meant you draft two MLB teams, say the Mets and the Red Sox to build the majority of your squad. It's a nightmare for a keeper though when guys get trades, free agnets released etc.

For those of you looking to join a keeper, I'll be looking for 4 owners for one of the keeper legues I'm running, it won't start until after well after the cards release, likely late April, keep you eyes peeled for GMKL in the individual chat thread.

DO NOT RESPOND NOW, not taking voluteers yet. ;)

the ghost of roger maris

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm

i guess i was a bit vague
how about a keeper league were you have the first pick and draft say the LA Angels
I go next and take Atlanta
at the end of the draft we each have to choose our players from the 2 teams e drafted
the 6 leftover teams are free agents.

Ninersphan

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:i guess i was a bit vague
how about a keeper league were you have the first pick and draft say the LA Angels
at the end of the draft we each have to choose our players from the 2 teams e drafted

That's exactly what I tought you meant, there have certainly been theme legues that have used this premise, but not as keepers.

What happens next year?

Do you still retain the Angels and team 2? or do you retain just the players? How do you handle the draft next year?

If you keep the just the teams, what happens when an Angel is traded at mid season, to a team that someone else drafted do you retain his rights next year or does the other manager?

If the 6 teams that are the free ageat pool have players that sign with keeper teams in year 2, do they automaticlly become property of the team holder?

It can be VERY complicated. ;)

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 am

Ninersphan wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:i guess i was a bit vague

That's exactly what I tought you meant, there have certainly been theme legues that have used this premise, but not as keepers.

What happens next year?

Do you still retain the Angels and team 2? or do you retain just the players? How do you handle the draft next year?

If you keep the just the teams, what happens when an Angel is traded at mid season, to a team that someone else drafted do you retain his rights next year or does the other manager?

If the 6 teams that are the free ageat pool have players that sign with keeper teams in year 2, do they automaticlly become property of the team holder?

It can be VERY complicated. ;)

I suppose the only way to keep it uncomplicated is to be a keeper in the sense of the team
trades etc take effect after the strato season has been played
each time we crank up a new season your keepers are adjusted to the composition of the mlb team;
and the free agent pool is again the players if the non drafted teams
think of the joy of getting to trade the same player each season.

motherscratcher

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm tentatively interested. I'm starting my 1st 20xx team tonight and would want to get more experience before thinking about a keeper league.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx