Old timers

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

T.Richardson

Old timers

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 am

Any of the old gang still playing? I have been away for years just wondering if anyone that was playing back in the day can let me know what has changed engine wise ect?

Valen

Re: Old timers

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 3:24 pm

I have been around since 2001. How long have you been gone?

Of note off top of my head the power zapper setting that limited hitters on pace for a record was removed.
bullpen version 2 was introduced so you have a little more control in setting roles, etc.
There have been a number of improvements in stats/results reporting.

But as to true changes engine wise I don't think there has been much improvement.

HAL still is not great at handling platoons, and since changeover to the new platform defensive replacements have not been handled very well.

KEVINEHLE

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 pm

I've also been around since Day #1. Can't believe I've been playing this game for more than a decade.

T.Richardson

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Is there still no live draft app? Also is there anywhere to see the leading managers at. If so did they import the stats from tsn?

Ninersphan

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm

T.Richardson wrote:Is there still no live draft app? Also is there anywhere to see the leading managers at. If so did they import the stats from tsn?

In order:

No
No, not yet.
Strat is working on it currently., see Garcia's Blog threads.

And welcome back, pretty sure we banged heads in a fews leagues years ago.

geekor

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi TRich!

Back in the day we played in lots of theme leagues... ;)

But yea as stated, the engine itself is the same, which is technically good.

The peripherals to engage the engine have been upgraded, so it's better than it used to be. Still could use improvements of course.

Better bullpen controls: not perfect (hopefully they are working on a V3 or whatever), but much better than the few check-boxes we had in the past.

Better reporting: You can see the actual rolls for then entire games now in the play by play. You can see season stats for ballparks rolls, defense, stealing, how many rolls off pitcher/hitter cards. More stats are always better!

Like mentioned, defensive subs (in game) and platoons are still as bad as ever. At least you have a depth chart now so you can change you subs for when injuries occur for the start of all next games.

Pricing is much better than in past games (much less bargains that swung teams seasons), but still the scarcity of the 200x games at certain positions makes it tougher. ATG has soooo many players now (compared to ATG 1,2,3), you could miss all 25 of your picks and still make a good team.

Great Unwashed

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm still here (since April 2002), but it's been a long time since I've had more than 1 or 2 teams at the same time. Mostly mystery card, too.

bigmahon

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 pm

TRich! :mrgreen:

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx