Ratings book and Download???

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: Ratings book and Download???

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 am

fredpaii wrote:Ninersphan, I really pegged you wrong. Way wrong. You're a very enthusiastic (and also very knowledgable) SOM player and I misinterpreted that energy in a seriously screwed up fashion during our draft. Basically I let my insecurities get the best of me in that league and as a result I chose to quit...it wasn't about you having anything in for me. You were just freakin excited! :D

I'm sorry.

fredpali,

Apology accepted, I didn't even know I was the express reason you had bailed, wish you had something at the time so I could have worked it out. I assumed you were frustrated at the way I handeled the draft delays and hope you kept checking the thread to see my responses.
Anyway, It's all water over the damn at this point. FWIW, your team did well in season 1 and won it's division, lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. Season two was not as successful as your team dropped from 89 wins to 78, tougher competition with all 4 playoff teams in the same division for season2.

fredpaii

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 11:58 am

Ninersphan wrote:
fredpaii wrote:Ninersphan, I really pegged you wrong. Way wrong. You're a very enthusiastic (and also very knowledgable) SOM player and I misinterpreted that energy in a seriously screwed up fashion during our draft. Basically I let my insecurities get the best of me in that league and as a result I chose to quit...it wasn't about you having anything in for me. You were just freakin excited! :D

I'm sorry.

fredpali,

Apology accepted, I didn't even know I was the express reason you had bailed, wish you had something at the time so I could have worked it out. I assumed you were frustrated at the way I handeled the draft delays and hope you kept checking the thread to see my responses.
Anyway, It's all water over the damn at this point. FWIW, your team did well in season 1 and won it's division, lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. Season two was not as successful as your team dropped from 89 wins to 78, tougher competition with all 4 playoff teams in the same division for season2.

I assumed you had it in for me when you demanded people hurry up. I really thought you were referring to me for some reason....even though I was picking fairly quickly. Embarrassing.

gbrookes

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Holy smokes!

Just had some time over the last few days to look at the pitcher ratings, and then the hitter ratings. Basically it's my first quick run through on the numbers.

Two things stand out to me, as first impressions (just my first impressions):

1) There seems to be more hitting, more offense, and weaker pitching in the 2012 cards than recent years in my recollection.

2) My first impression is that there's an awful lot of great hitters who just destroy left handed pitching.

Anyone else think the same, or otherwise?

Very curious and interested in your thoughts!

Geoff

chasenally

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 9:02 pm

2) My first impression is that there's an awful lot of great hitters who just destroy left handed pitching.

I don't have the book. Seems like every year there are many players that destroy LHP. If this year is worser than most than I might be in trouble with the picks and trades I have already made. :shock:
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Apollo 21

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 pm

So it's a definite that none of the "computer-only" players will be included?

Ninersphan

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Apollo 21 wrote:So it's a definite that none of the "computer-only" players will be included?

They never have been before.

Apollo 21

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
Apollo 21 wrote:So it's a definite that none of the "computer-only" players will be included?

They never have been before.

Oops, posted this in the wrong thread, but thanks for answering!

gbrookes

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm

gbrookes wrote:Holy smokes!

Just had some time over the last few days to look at the pitcher ratings, and then the hitter ratings. Basically it's my first quick run through on the numbers.

Two things stand out to me, as first impressions (just my first impressions):

1) There seems to be more hitting, more offense, and weaker pitching in the 2012 cards than recent years in my recollection.

Anyone else think the same, or otherwise?

Very curious and interested in your thoughts!

Geoff

Caveat - what follows is just my opinion. Buyer beware. And as others have noted, some of these players may not get cards, or may be in unleased sets only. This is based on my run production model, but excluding stealing, running and defense, here is my list of "elite" cards - looking at it as if the player vs. LHP was a different card from the same player vs. RHP - i.e. elite 1/2 cards.

2011 card set (for the sake of compariing the 2011 card set to the 2012 card set):

vs lhp (17 cards)

Wieters
Ortiz
Stanton
Lee, Carlos
Martinez, J
Perez, S
Kemp (** super card **)
Braun
Hart
Cuddyer
Montero, J
Liddi (** super card **)
Craig
Beltre
Cruz
Napoli
Bautista

2011 vs RHP (7 cards)

Gonzalez, A
Cabrera, Miguel
Parmalee (** super card **)
Davis
Pill
Napoli
Bautista

Here are the 2012 set elite cards using my run production model:

vs LHP - 21 cards

Goldschmidt
Ortiz
Rosario (** super card **)
Butler
Perez, S.
Kemp
Braun (** super card **)
Lucroy
Ramirez, A (Milwaukee)
Ruggiano (** super card **)
Stanton
McCutchen (** super card **)
Snider (** super card **)
Guiterrez
Cabrera, Melky (** super card **)
Posey (** right off the charts card **)
Craig
Holliday
Molina, Y
Longoria
Encarnacion

vs RHP (2012) 6 cards:

Ortiz
Votto
Cabrera, Miguel
Trout
Cano
Moss

In relative terms, I rank a "**super**" card as more than 13% better than the lower end elite card. Off the charts (Posey 2012 vs LHP) is more than 40% better than a lower end elite card, according to my math!

So, according to my ratings, there are slightly fewer elite and super cards vs RHP in 2012 (1 fewer in each case), but 4 more elite cards vs LHP in 2012. This includes 5 more super cards in 2012 vs. LHP, and one card (Posey) that is just right off the charts.

Could be a long year for left handed pitchers if all 21 of those lefty killer cards are in your 12 team league - ??!!??!!.

Should be fun and interesting!!!
:)
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx