Ballparks

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tony best

Ballparks

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 am

I am curious about ball park effects. i know about stacking righty or lefty hitters based on ballpark slants but I `m confused on pitching,hitting parks.

Do you try and match your strenghts to the ballparks ie. high ob% in high ob% parks and power hitter in HR parks etc. or just the opposite hopeing YOUR team strengths will carry you through and your opponent will suffer such as great hitting in a pitchers park or great pitching in a hitters park? Is balance the way to go? thanks guys!

gbrookes

Re: Ballparks

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Here is a quick reply to a question that could take 100 pages!

The first and best thing I can do is to refer you to the great pieces written by others. This is the URL for the strategy section on the old archived TSN strat boards:

http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... c6f8ca7d69

There are great articles written there, and great comments by many great players.

Here is just one sampling:

http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... =21&t=9842

The post shows as being Marc Pelletier, but Marc was usually known by his playing handles, which were luckyman and marcus wilby. You really can't do better than reading things that he has to say on the subject. If you scroll down in the pst at the URL above, you will see some comments he makes on ballpark effects.

Somewhere on the old Strategy forum is a very instructive discourse that Marc wrote on designing a team to play in Petco. I'll look for that over the next few days and post it here when I find it. It's very instructive in terms of answering the questions that you are asking, whether you're playing in Petco, or in a hitters park. Marc wrote amazing stuff on managing a strat team.

Enjoy! And good luck! I'll give you my 2 cents sometime in the next few days, for what it's worth, but this is my quick answer.

tony best

Re: Ballparks

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks g -good stuff

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx