Can I back into the playoffs?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MrHacktastic

Can I back into the playoffs?

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 3:45 pm

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/803477

I came out of the gates hot but this team really hit a wall and has been slowly losing it's lead for the last 50 games or so. What once seemed like a battle for home field is now a fight to make the playoffs.

I committed the cardinal sin of taking the 20% hit on Neil Allen as his ERA was hovering around 6 and due to my lack of bullpen depth he was occassionally coming into games out of the pen despite not being rested. The only thing worse than Allen getting shelled in his outing was seeing him shelled again the very next game in extra innings.

Stewart clearly isn't as good a starter but Allen pitched so poorly Stewart really can't do worse.

What was once a large lead is now just 4 games with 24 left to play. The team chasing me has beaten me 10 out of 15 so I'm not very confident I can hold the lead down the stretch with 9 head to head games left to play.

MrHacktastic

Re: Can I back into the playoffs?

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm

well I have blown the entire lead. 11-19 in my last 30. Now tied heading into the final 15 games. I was up by around 10 games not that long ago. Man, I thought this was a sure playoff team. I'm not even ahead in the wild card anymore lol.

Jake Squid

Re: Can I back into the playoffs?

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 6:29 pm

I look at your team and I see a pitching staff that I don't like at all. DeLeon is great, Deshaies is passable and L. Smith is a decent value. Other than that... not a group that I'd want to have. Oh, and Havens should never face a righty. That pitching combined with your really bad defense offsets an awful lot of your terrific offense.

I love both Parrishes and use them whenever I can get them. Balboni is a great RH platoon hitter at 1B, but I think there are better options for DH that cost less for a platoon or are more cost efficient for everyday use. I also love Lynn for CF. Your offense is fantastic. Your pitching and defense are costing you.

What do you think are the shortcomings of this team?

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx